Insurance

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Insurance

Postby sickofit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:06 pm

I'm sure you all know how expensive all the different treatments for p can be; whether it's topicals, oral medications, injections, light treatments etc.
I'm probably not the only out here without medical insurance but does anyone know of any programs or assistance that help with p coverage? I make too much money to get state/county assistance which is fine with me, I'd rather not deal with "welfare," people say its a nighmare anyhow. I'm a mortgage loan officer and needless to say, they don't offer insurance :( I'm not about to rush out and marry my boyfriend (who thank God is ok with me having various patches of p) just for medical insurance even though he works for a large national company that offers excellent benefits....or should I haha....kidding! Just curious what others do for help with no insurance. Thanks!
sickofit

Re: Insurance

Postby oz1siiam » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 am

Hi Sickof,

I have insurance but as far as I am aware of mine doesn't cover P. You have made me think I should ask. However I do already have a Dermaray UV. Hence my postings here.

Dermaray is offered with out needing to go via your insurance company.
oz1siiam

Re: Insurance

Postby clarissa » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:28 am

I also use Dermaray without going through my insurance. It's more expensive this way, but you might find a plan that covers it. It's worth a try to Google it and see what's out there. Just because your company doesn't offer a good package, that doesn't mean you can't have an individual plan that covers what you need.
clarissa

Return to Psoriasis chatter