Hello

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Hello

Postby Paige » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:53 am

Hi...I just ran across this site and thought I'd join the chatter. I'm almost 30 and have had mild psoriasis since about 15 years old, mainly on my elbows and knees. It has especially worsened on my elbows since Grad. school...stress.

Anyway, I don't have insurance at this time so use OTC creams which aren't working these days.

Has anyone tried any of the psoriasis make-up concealers on the market?

Talk to you later :)
Paige
Paige

Re: Hello

Postby Nick Balgowan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:53 pm

Paige wrote:Hi...I just ran across this site and thought I'd join the chatter. I'm almost 30 and have had mild psoriasis since about 15 years old, mainly on my elbows and knees. It has especially worsened on my elbows since Grad. school...stress.

Anyway, I don't have insurance at this time so use OTC creams which aren't working these days.

Has anyone tried any of the psoriasis make-up concealers on the market?

Talk to you later :)

hello Paige. welcome aboard. My psoriasis also started about 15 years back or so. Definately triggered by an extremely traumatic event. I would not look very good in eye liner and foundation, but I do know that if you want to use a makeup, to look for one with as few additives and highest natural content as possible. The last think you want to happen is to aggrevate your psoriasis. I use some of the gentler Nivea mousturises, and I changed to an 100% organic product which seemed to make things worse. So you need to test on a smal area first I suggest.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

hello Paige

Postby firefly01 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi Paige happy to meet you

Firefly x :)
firefly01

Hey.

Postby leesgurl21 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi Paige!

I have used make up on my psoriasis sometimes when it gets really bad. I find that it makes it less obvious in some places. I have it on and around my eyes and it just recently spread to my nose and hair line. On my eyes it looks less noticable and on the rest of it you can't really tell that it is there. You want to make sure though that you wash the area you used the make up on before you go to bed just to make sure you don't irritate the infected area(s). :)
leesgurl21

Hello

Postby Lisaw » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:39 pm

:( I am shocked to read that people have psoriasis on the face. I have it in my hair and hoping it doesn't creep onto my face or neck.
Lisaw

Return to Psoriasis chatter