How long does it take?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

How long does it take?

Postby Terasa » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:13 pm

My question is : My docter has recently put me on methotrexate for my psoriasis. Does anyone know how long it can take to work...I am getting desperate and i have a big formal 40th to go to soon and dont want to have to wear a body suit. I have had P. since i was 6 years old (i am now 33) and nothing seems to work. I did go on methotrexate when i was 19 but i seem to block out the bad times with my Psorasis as its not this girls best friend.....
Also how do i explain my skin condition to my 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son when they ask questions i dont really know how to answer as i have been ok up until now as it hasnt been that bad the last few years. Its everywhere at the moment and my 6 year old is getting very curious as to what is all over mummys skin...

Any Suggestions? :x :x :x :x
Tahlia and Jaidyn are so cool
Terasa

Re: How long does it take?

Postby natkingcole23 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:28 pm

I have had P. since i was 6 years old (i am now 33) and nothing seems to work.

If you haven't already, check out the posts about psoriasis diets. There are some books that are recommended in other posts and this website also has a booklet or information related to diets. For me a healthy diet full of green leafy veges and vegetable juices, really has changed my psoriasis around. Try eliminating junk food and the stuff you know which is not good for you (coffee, alcohol, fried foods etc) for a few months and see what happens. Also organic veges are supposed to be better.
People have eliminated psoriasis or have it well under control by doing this, however they are very dedicated to the diet. Don't worry people have said they can eat small amounts of the bad tasty food but only after clearing their skin.
The sun and surf works wonders, also there are some light treatments which also work. Give it a go what do you have to lose?
If you try this, keep us posted.

Regards,

Nat
natkingcole23

Postby Terasa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:13 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply, but i must say that i dont drink coffee or alcohol at all so i doubt that is the cause of this paticular breakout, however i can try cutting out fried food and start eating a better diet i guess..I have tried light treatments in the past and it hasnt worked...I will let you know how things go.....I do have one full proof way to get rid of it off my skin completly.......Each time i have fallen pregnant, my P totally dissapears....Wonder if theres a way we can trick the body into thinking it is pregnant without actually being....You never know..... :o :o
Tahlia and Jaidyn are so cool
Terasa

Postby adnan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:20 am

there are a lot of stuff still unrevealed for the P,but to tell the truth,i had P since 10 years or so, the only way that is working"at the moment" ==> you can imagine the full list i have been under from simple medication till taking the tigason !! is the diet ! i highly recommend what nathan said, you will feel better and ur skin as well,u have nothing to lose... btw am on my16 th day of my diet for dr.paganos book,and am seeing positive results so far...

best of luck
adnan

Re: How long does it take?

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey Terasa, how have you been going? My little girl was also very curious about my bad skin. I just call it that "Dad's bad skin!" and she seems to accept that - well for now anyway. Bless their little hearts hey... :)
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter