Ultravate/Halebatesol

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Ultravate/Halebatesol

Postby sickofit » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:41 am

Just go a prescription for this topical steroid and just wanted to say that I was amazed with the results! I had P around my ears and hairline and this ointment which i used twice a day and used sparingly completely cleared it. My elbows are also completely cleared. Still have a couple of stubborn spots on my shins, but although not completely cleared, there is a significant difference! This med comes in a cream or ointment, I'm using the ointment. You're supposed to only used for no more than 2 weeks, so I use for 2 and I'm off for two...but it's working!!
sickofit

Re: Ultravate/Halebatesol

Postby Nick Balgowan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 pm

sickofit wrote:Just go a prescription for this topical steroid and just wanted to say that I was amazed with the results! I had P around my ears and hairline and this ointment which i used twice a day and used sparingly completely cleared it. My elbows are also completely cleared. Still have a couple of stubborn spots on my shins, but although not completely cleared, there is a significant difference! This med comes in a cream or ointment, I'm using the ointment. You're supposed to only used for no more than 2 weeks, so I use for 2 and I'm off for two...but it's working!!

Hi there Sickofit,

There is little doubt that steroids work, they bring nearly instant relief. However, I would reserve your judgement on the treatment until you finish your 2 week course and then wait two weeks. Often the psoriasis comes back worse than it was originally, but not always. There are also widely published side effects of long term steroidu use, we have them published on our web page. But also saying that, if you are happy with the treatment and results then you should be pleased all round.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby Terasa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:14 pm

This cream sounds pretty good, even if it only lasts for a little while. Its great that you have finnally found something that works for you...I will definitly ask my doctor about it next time i see him.....I have Guttate Psoriasis and once it clears up it usually stays away for a few years but when it breaks out.....IT BREAKS OUT!!!!! Now that the weather is warming up, a little sun might help to....A little idea i use is: If you dont get to the beach a lot...Grab a bucket of Salt water and bring it home...I have started to immerse my hands in the salt water for about half an hour a night...I will let you know how things go......
Tahlia and Jaidyn are so cool
Terasa

Return to Psoriasis chatter