enbrel Has anybody tried it.

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Enbrel

Postby sickofit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:30 am

I was on Enbrel for about a year. I didn't mind the injections because I really thought I'd clear up, but I didn't. It did settle down, but none of my inflamed areas really went away..just shrunk a bit. I did see a girl at the doctor one day who was going in for her first shot of Raptiva. She was covered with p!!! 3 weeks later I saw the same girl at the grocery store and OMG! CLEAR!!! Unfortunately, I no longer have insurance so Raptiva is out of the question for me now so I sit here and suffer and cover it all up..and it really sucks knowing that this girl had p far worse than I did and to see her only 3 weeks later and she was clear is depressing for me!
sickofit

Re: Enbrel

Postby Nick Balgowan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:59 am

sickofit wrote:I was on Enbrel for about a year. I didn't mind the injections because I really thought I'd clear up, but I didn't. It did settle down, but none of my inflamed areas really went away..just shrunk a bit. I did see a girl at the doctor one day who was going in for her first shot of Raptiva. She was covered with p!!! 3 weeks later I saw the same girl at the grocery store and OMG! CLEAR!!! Unfortunately, I no longer have insurance so Raptiva is out of the question for me now so I sit here and suffer and cover it all up..and it really sucks knowing that this girl had p far worse than I did and to see her only 3 weeks later and she was clear is depressing for me!

Hi there,

from what I hear from people, Raptiva only seems to have strong results for extremely serious cases of psoriasis, but that is just technically hear say. but I suppose it makes some sense, because it surpresses part of the immune system, I would imagine this type of trreatment would work on extremely over active systems, like very severe psoriasis.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby LizardBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:13 am

I've had similar problems. I'm on enbrel again now for the last 3 weeks. I've already cleared up 50% in 3 weeks time. I'm also been on methotrexate for almost 6 weeks. Togehter they seem to be doing very well. The only problem is that I did an enbrel study b4 it was FDA approved. It cleared me up completely in 12 weeks but within a year after no treatment it returned with a vengence. I'm now gettin my treatments from the VA and at least the enbrel isn't costing me but 7 dollars a month compared to 1200 dollars without insurance. I'm currently in the process of appealing for disability because of the arthritis that psoriasis has been causing. I'm out of work, and frankly, don't have the courage to show my face in public at most times. I'm sure if and when it clears up again, I will be confident enough to go out in public again. It currently covers about 45% of my body. but was 90% a few month ago. Enbrel does work, I just can't tell you if it will stay away wehn I come off of treatments. As far as the way i feel. I am very depressed, but i think its from the methotrexate making me sick, and not the enbrel.
My Two Cents
LizardBoy

Postby MIA » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:23 am

Lizardboy I hate to hear that you feel so bad. Just know that you are cared about and if you ever want to vent I'm sure this is the place to do it.
I don't have the courage to try these new meds but I truly do hope this works for you. Let me know how you are doing.
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Re: enbrel Has anybody tried it.

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 am

I think Enbrel has just been withdrawn from the market for causing diseases in the brain? i'd probably check with your Doctor before taking this stuff.
Ambiance

Previous

Return to Psoriasis chatter