Alternate cures

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Alternate cures

Postby scaley_scary » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi i am new to this forum but definately not new for psoriasia.Has any body tried alterante medicine like homeopathy .I am tired using of carticosteriods .It started 7 years back cos of using painkiller ointment on my neck .When i went to doctor he told me it was P but dint belive tht .It almost dissapeard when i was taking bath in back water .But again it reappeard after 3 years veryyyy badly ,which has been there from then .I am really dipressed but not yet given up .I am now on homopathy and i take herbal juice .Smoking and alochol are strict no no which i am nt able to quiet completly .It is such a physical and mental trauma only who are suffering this will know .I guess alternate medicine with cartico steriods are really help full .
Is any one facing moderate to severe hairloss .Doc said its not do with P.
I guess exercise is best way to beat arthrites which i am doing atleast thrice a week .

Cheers
scaley_scary

Postby roqqe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:00 am

Hi!
My friend lost a lot of her hair when she was suffering badly from her psoriasis, she tried an elimination diet and has stuck with it religiously ever since.... she looks great now, you would never know she ever had it. I am trying her diet, but I have a hard time not cheating, it's really hard.
In my research, I found a possible connection between candida (yeast) and psoriasis. I consulted an herbalist and he has prescribed some herbs to decrease the damp stagnation in my body. Strange, my saliva has increased, my urination too, it is too soon to tell if it is really working yet. The practitioner suggested four to six months. I am giving accupuncture a trial in order to rebalance energy and massage is always a good thing for anyone!
Because of the nature of this condition and the lack of understanding out there, it is important to try things that make sense. For me, my psoriasis came on when I was overindulging and pregnant with my fourth child. I still have about 20 pounds of weight that I never carried before. I had a lot of candida symptoms such as increased fatigue, thirst, this skin problem, craving for sugar, etc..... So to me trying a whole body approach of detoxing my body through a good elimination diet and working on ridding my body of any extra yeast, and fat will be helpful. I tend to be stressed, I am still in college, and financial stressors are huge for me, I feel that my energy is off balance due to stress a lot. I can't help but think that prolonged stress can really affect the body. I do use the topical ointments, but I am not willing to do injections, that can't be good, can it?
Good luck and stick around, we understand,
Raquel
Don't ever, ever, ever, give up!
roqqe

Re: Alternate cures

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 6:26 pm

I tried an elimination diet. Couldn't stick to it for more than a few weeks, it was so hard and I am not able to resist good food!!
Ambiance

Postby emma1977 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Im also new to this site i started with mild P about 3 years ago which has now increased to moderate to sever Im just about to start tablets to help reduce it but when it was fairly mild (head legs back arms stomach) i went to a chinese herbalist I was given 2 bags one to make in to a tea and one to bath in I was amazed at how much it helped, sadly it cost me £100 pound for the two bags but it was worth it.
emma1977

Postby Matthew Balgowan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:22 am

What were the ingredient that you received?
Matt Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Matthew Balgowan

Postby abiogetica » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I am a person who believes in Holistic Natural Medications as compared to Modern medicines, since I have seen the later causing many side effects to some of the people.
Although, the perception about types of medicines differ from person to person, however, for long lasting effects and effects without side effects I think that Alternative medicines may be good.
I have read about impacts of Alternative medicines from many websites for psoriasis.
I am sharing some links here for your information.
abiogetica

Postby suqun1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:00 pm

For me, my psoriasis came on when I was overindulging and pregnant with my fourth child.
suqun1

Postby lerbon123 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm

For me, my psoriasis came on when I was overindulging and pregnant with my fourth child. I still have about 20 pounds of weight that I never carried before.
lerbon123

Return to Psoriasis chatter