New here need help with my son...

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

New here need help with my son...

Postby b3noodles » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:10 am

Hello all! I have a 5 yr old son who had strep throat on 1/31 and since it went into scarlet fever and now they are saying psoriasis. In trying to look up about this condition it really doesnt look like what my son has. It looks like he put his hands on a hot grill (burns) his skin is peeling very bad. He has spots of white patches on his knees that wasn't there before his strep. So I guess what I am asking is has anyone ever gone through this? I do have an appointment today 1:50 with a dermatologist. Thanks all!
b3noodles

sorry to hear...

Postby stina87 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi,
I used to get strep throat a lot, along with annual bronchitis and sinus infections when I was little, pretty well since I was 3. I was diagnosed with that my doctors said they 'thought' was psoriasis, however I never had any sores on my hands and didn't develop sores on my legs until a year or so after my first sore appeared. When I was 9 I had my tonsils and adenoids removed which helped me to get strep much less often, but the bronchitis continued stubbornly until just last year (i'm 18 now), along with mild plaque-like psoriasis. I have suddenly noticed that since I have not gotten bronchitis, my sores stopped appearing. My doctors have no clue as to why I didn't get bronchitis last year or this year, and my dermotologist is saying that I may not have had psoriasis afterall since complete remission is very rare.
As much as I am glad to be much healthier this year, I'd be very interested to see if I could get brochitis just once more and whether or not the psoriasis would flare... maybe the cause is something related to the immune response?

Best of luck with your son, feel free to give me a post if you learn anything new about it or have any questions for me!
stina87

Re: New here need help with my son...

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:00 am

b3noodles wrote:Hello all! I have a 5 yr old son who had strep throat on 1/31 and since it went into scarlet fever and now they are saying psoriasis. In trying to look up about this condition it really doesnt look like what my son has. It looks like he put his hands on a hot grill (burns) his skin is peeling very bad. He has spots of white patches on his knees that wasn't there before his strep. So I guess what I am asking is has anyone ever gone through this? I do have an appointment today 1:50 with a dermatologist. Thanks all!

hello b3noodles, have you had any success with your dermatologist, was it psoriasis or something else?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Re: sorry to hear...

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 am

stina87 wrote:Hi,
I used to get strep throat a lot, along with annual bronchitis and sinus infections when I was little, pretty well since I was 3. I was diagnosed with that my doctors said they 'thought' was psoriasis, however I never had any sores on my hands and didn't develop sores on my legs until a year or so after my first sore appeared. When I was 9 I had my tonsils and adenoids removed which helped me to get strep much less often, but the bronchitis continued stubbornly until just last year (i'm 18 now), along with mild plaque-like psoriasis. I have suddenly noticed that since I have not gotten bronchitis, my sores stopped appearing. My doctors have no clue as to why I didn't get bronchitis last year or this year, and my dermotologist is saying that I may not have had psoriasis afterall since complete remission is very rare.
As much as I am glad to be much healthier this year, I'd be very interested to see if I could get brochitis just once more and whether or not the psoriasis would flare... maybe the cause is something related to the immune response?

Best of luck with your son, feel free to give me a post if you learn anything new about it or have any questions for me!

hi stina87 - I have noticed more than a few people saying that they have had throat infections and tonsil problems that seemingly caused their psoriasis. since you have had your tonsils removed, have any of your skin problems returned or are they in remission completely?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter