Has anyone else tried turmeric?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Has anyone else tried turmeric?

Postby bobsquareflakepants » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:40 am

Hi everyone. I have psoriasis now for near 12 years. I have it on my face chest, inside my ears, nails... but it is most severe on my scalp and upper back. Lately i have been using Turmeric for my p as i read posts from a number of other sufferers on other sites recomending it. Although i have only been taking 2-3 turmeric capsules everyday for the last week as well as applying a little turmeric mixed with my moisturizer to my p at night, I have noticed a difference. My face looks alot better my chest is clear and my back looks better- the centres of the plaques are disappearing. I have noticed reduced redness and my p doesnt feel as itchy as it used to be. Has anyone else tried turmeric for their p?
bobsquareflakepants

skin coloration

Postby Bruce » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:47 am

I had some ground tumeric in the kitchen so I decided to try this treatment along with the cherries, diet and moisturizing. To my suprise, my skin turned yellow! Is this the normal effect or did I use the wrong kind of tumeric?!? I'm hoping it will wash off, but I have also learned that tumeric acts like a dye. I'm going to leave it on for a few hours and then wash the areas to make sure it washes off. I don't like the idea of yellow skin on top of the other issues already present in those areas :roll: :lol: I'll let ya know what I find out.

Bruce
Bruce

Postby bobsquareflakepants » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:32 am

Dont worry it washes off! I got a fright first time i used it, i thought i dyed my skin yellow. Make sure u mix it with plenty of moisturizer, oil, aloe vera etc before u put it on the skin it works better and its alot easier to wash off. Try taking some orally also. Good luck
bobsquareflakepants

turmeric for psoriasis

Postby Nick Balgowan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:53 am

bobsquareflakepants wrote:Dont worry it washes off! I got a fright first time i used it, i thought i dyed my skin yellow. Make sure u mix it with plenty of moisturizer, oil, aloe vera etc before u put it on the skin it works better and its alot easier to wash off. Try taking some orally also. Good luck

G'day BFP, interesting concept. I think I have another article that turmeric can increase the likely hood of vitiligo, but I hadn't paid it much attention. I will try to dig up the article and put it online here.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby bobsquareflakepants » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:51 pm

I did some research myself and found that people with vitiligo who consume alot of turmeric such as Asian people may experience poor outcome from certain treatments for this condiction.
http://www.bioline.org.br/request?dv06014
So far I have not found anything to suggest that turmeric may increase likely hood of getting vitiligo. I hope not!
bobsquareflakepants

Re: Has anyone else tried turmeric?

Postby waffnap » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:28 am

bobsquareflakepants wrote:Hi everyone. I have psoriasis now for near 12 years. I have it on my face chest, inside my ears, nails... but it is most severe on my scalp and upper back. Lately i have been using Turmeric for my p as i read posts from a number of other sufferers on other sites recomending it. Although i have only been taking 2-3 turmeric capsules everyday for the last week as well as applying a little turmeric mixed with my moisturizer to my p at night, I have noticed a difference. My face looks alot better my chest is clear and my back looks better- the centres of the plaques are disappearing. I have noticed reduced redness and my p doesnt feel as itchy as it used to be. Has anyone else tried turmeric for their p?

Hello bsfp
no I have never heard about using turmeric in this way before. i use it quite a lot when making curries. I think i would rather take the aural capsules though rather than apply directly on the skin. Poor Bruce I wonder if he has managed to get rid of his yellow skin yet? Any luck Bruce?
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

yellow skin

Postby Bruce » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 am

Yellow skin went away that evening when I had a good soak in the tub and washed it off with soap and water. :lol: Not sure what the reason, weather its the diet changes, one time tumeric application, cherries or what, but things seem to be gradually improving... hope it continues. :)

Bruce
Bruce

Postby waffnap » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:45 am

Hey!! that's fantastic news Bruce, I'm so pleased for you :D
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

tumeric causules

Postby Bruce » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:48 pm

After doing some research on the web, I found that tumeric is good for almost anything you can think of, supposedly including p. I found alot of opinions that seem to support the idea that it might help so I ordered some tumeric capsules online... I think they are 400mg each. It's all natural so I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try. They weren't that expensive either. There seem to have been some very promising studies done on tumeric for a number of different ailments and some people swear by it. I'll let you know how it goes...

Bruce
Bruce

Postby waffnap » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 am

Hi Bruce,
How's it going with the tablets any signs of improvement :)
waffnap
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter