to cleanse or not to cleanse

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

to cleanse or not to cleanse

Postby psexy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:00 am

ok.

so, i know that there is no conclusive evidence as to the connection between psoriasis flare-ups and diet ... triggers are different for each person, as are success rates of treatment. but i want to take action on my own, to the extent that i can, and i don't really know where to start. any tips on how to do an exclusion diet? maybe a cleanse?

i don't think it would be very helpful to reduce my diet too much all at once, because then i won't be able to identify the specific connections between food types/items and my pretty psoriasis patches. how do i do this? any help?

thanks, lovelies.
"if you're sad and you like beer, then i'm your lady."

- lady port-huntley
psexy

Postby waffnap » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:23 am

Hello psexy again,
I was faced with the same dilema I had no idea where to begin and like you wanted to do it on my own. I decided to cut down on my bread intake as a starter. I know it can be very difficult to begin with especially giving up the things you love. I replaced my sandwiches at work for fruit and eat nothing else now during the day and feel very pleased with the results.
I have often wandered if there is a specific test/s you can have to eliminate certain foods in the diet a bit like an allergy test.

I would be certainly interested to hear if anyone has a cleansing diet for beginers :wink:
Jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: to cleanse or not to cleanse

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:54 pm

psexy wrote:ok.

so, i know that there is no conclusive evidence as to the connection between psoriasis flare-ups and diet ... triggers are different for each person, as are success rates of treatment. but i want to take action on my own, to the extent that i can, and i don't really know where to start. any tips on how to do an exclusion diet? maybe a cleanse?

i don't think it would be very helpful to reduce my diet too much all at once, because then i won't be able to identify the specific connections between food types/items and my pretty psoriasis patches. how do i do this? any help?

thanks, lovelies.

hello again psexy - I personally tried lots of diets, nothing really worked. but I noticed if I ate food with MSG or other similar flavour enhances or very salty food, my psoriasis would be signifigantly reder in about 24 hours. so I basically avoid food additives and very salty foods. drinking lots of water helps me. perhaps take a note of then your psoriasis is bad and keep a track of what you have eaten and see if there is a correlation?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

skin allergy and psoriasis?

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:56 pm

waffnap wrote:Hello psexy again,
I was faced with the same dilema I had no idea where to begin and like you wanted to do it on my own. I decided to cut down on my bread intake as a starter. I know it can be very difficult to begin with especially giving up the things you love. I replaced my sandwiches at work for fruit and eat nothing else now during the day and feel very pleased with the results.
I have often wandered if there is a specific test/s you can have to eliminate certain foods in the diet a bit like an allergy test.

I would be certainly interested to hear if anyone has a cleansing diet for beginers :wink:
Jules

hello Waffnap - originally my doctors said i had a skin fungus, once treatment for that didn't do anything, they thought I had a food allergy. I did one of those allergy tests where they prick you with lots of little needles to see which flares up and which gets most itchy. turns out I am alergic to a lot of different grasses and flowers, but I didn't have a skin allergy - rather obvious now!
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter