Antibiotics - You just never know...

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Antibiotics - You just never know...

Postby hkluth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:01 am

A friend of mine was diagnosed with the same type of psoriasis as I was and was also doing the light treatments with the same doctor. She'd just started when she became ill with something else and was put on a general antibiotic by her general physician. Within 3-4 days, her hands healed up completely and stopped peeling. At 2 weeks, she finished the antibiotic (Amoxicillin) and the psoriasis came back with a vengeance...

Has anyone ever been treated for this with antibiotics? Any successes? I'd be concerned about taking that for any long term but it was interesting to see the quick change in her condition. She is going back to her doctor to ask for a refill of the antibiotic to retest and see if it stops the psoriasis again before returning to light treatments again.
~ Heather ~
hkluth

Re: Antibiotics - You just never know...

Postby jcave » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:50 am

hkluth wrote:A friend of mine was diagnosed with the same type of psoriasis as I was and was also doing the light treatments with the same doctor. She'd just started when she became ill with something else and was put on a general antibiotic by her general physician. Within 3-4 days, her hands healed up completely and stopped peeling. At 2 weeks, she finished the antibiotic (Amoxicillin) and the psoriasis came back with a vengeance...

Has anyone ever been treated for this with antibiotics? Any successes? I'd be concerned about taking that for any long term but it was interesting to see the quick change in her condition. She is going back to her doctor to ask for a refill of the antibiotic to retest and see if it stops the psoriasis again before returning to light treatments again.
Ive tried antibiotics (keflex) for the P , Im allergic to amoxicillin, I cleared up that
year, I dont know if the keflex had anything to do with it, or not. Alot of
things where going well in my life at that time. When my P came back
I tried it again.........nothing, didnt help at all, and things in my life wasnt
as good as they where the year before. I asked a medical doctor about
it , he says it wouldnt help, antibiotics are for infections, it plays no role in
psoriasis control.... Who knows, I dont believe everything I read nor what
people tell, me . ITs all trial and error. Just get as much info as you can
before you try, its your life your dealing with.
JC
jcave

Postby BigDaddy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:50 pm

hkluth wrote:A friend of mine was diagnosed with the same type of psoriasis as I was and was also doing the light treatments with the same doctor. She'd just started when she became ill with something else and was put on a general antibiotic by her general physician. Within 3-4 days, her hands healed up completely and stopped peeling. At 2 weeks, she finished the antibiotic (Amoxicillin) and the psoriasis came back with a vengeance...

I didn't think psoriasis was an infection? I asked my doctor if I could have anti-biotics and he said there was no point, but he didn't say why not. hmm. I might ask again.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby BigDaddy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:53 pm

jcave wrote:

Ive tried antibiotics (keflex) for the P , Im allergic to amoxicillin, I cleared up that
year, I dont know if the keflex had anything to do with it, or not. Alot of
things where going well in my life at that time. When my P came back
I tried it again.........nothing, didnt help at all, and things in my life wasnt
as good as they where the year before. I asked a medical doctor about
it , he says it wouldnt help, antibiotics are for infections, it plays no role in
psoriasis control.... Who knows, I dont believe everything I read nor what
people tell, me . ITs all trial and error. Just get as much info as you can
before you try, its your life your dealing with.
JC

hello JC. Sorry, not sure I understand you. you took some antibiotics and your psoriasis went away for a complete year but you took them again with no difference? were you on any other medication while taking the anti-biotics?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby jcave » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:36 am

Hi Big daddy, I was not taking anything else, when I was taking the
keflex. what I am trying to say my stress level was down to almost
nothing, I was happy, felt good about my self. my p cleared for a
year. stress increased in my life p came back. tried keflex again
didnt help. so it was most likely getting rid of the stress, that caused
it to clear. not the antibiotic.
jc
jcave

Return to Psoriasis chatter