Hello, anyone used CLOBEX?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Hello, anyone used CLOBEX?

Postby ptolemy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:17 pm

hi

my mom's doc prescibed her CLOBEX,(nothing else helped in past except skin-cap but we are trying some new alternatives)

i checked it and it seems to use the main steriod thats in skin-cap(unmentioned) clobestasol propionate

has anyone used it and how good is it?
maybe compare it to skin-cap(if you used both) so see how it worked

its also rather excensive, skin-cap we see at $25 a bottle this is way more expensive... near $200, good thing for insurance...

thanx guys i'll check back when i can get access to a pc again so please dont think i ignored you
ptolemy

Postby ptolemy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:59 pm

hi again

noone tried it? or heard it?

my mother says it seems to relieve it a bit (doesnt make her screatch herself as much) but its a bit early to say it removes all signs so far

id be interested in hearing if anyone else heard anything about it

thanx
ptolemy

Postby waffnap » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:02 am

Hello there sorry I haven't heard of this, just wanted to be polite in responding :) Glad to hear your mother has found some relief though and in mentioning it may also make others aware...
Jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby hkluth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:57 am

Hi Ptolemy - sorry, haven't been on the site in a bit... Yes, I have used the Clobex. It didn't help my psoriasis on my hands but it has been effective for some.

I tried it in both lotion and spray formulation. The lotion stung just a little when I'd apply it if I had open sores from peeling but was tolerable. The spray was another matter entirely... It has a high alcohol content and when it is sprayed on raw spots the pain is worse than anything I could describe. The alcohol also dried up the skin faster and caused it to thicken and peel more - so I was put back on the lotion. No good for me tho...

I'm now doing Taclonex once a night (it's in a vaseline type ointment base) and Oxsoralen with UVB light treatments. That is helping better.
~ Heather ~
hkluth

Re: Hello, anyone used CLOBEX?

Postby jcave » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:36 am

ptolemy wrote:hi

my mom's doc prescibed her CLOBEX,(nothing else helped in past except skin-cap but we are trying some new alternatives)

i checked it and it seems to use the main steriod thats in skin-cap(unmentioned) clobestasol propionate

has anyone used it and how good is it?
maybe compare it to skin-cap(if you used both) so see how it worked

its also rather excensive, skin-cap we see at $25 a bottle this is way more expensive... near $200, good thing for insurance...

thanx guys i'll check back when i can get access to a pc again so please dont think i ignored you
Havent tried it,that I know of, I ve tried
just about every prescription drug they sell, which is supposed to have
the same type of steriods they claim the skin cap has in it. They mostly
subsides the psoriasis for a few weeks and then your body gets used to
it and you have to use it more often then your skin gets really thin, and
purple looking. The same with excess use of skin cap. By the way the
cheapest I found skin cap is 58.00 us dollars for a 200ml. spray can.
where do you find it for 25.00 or is that a different exchange rate? But
skin cap works faster for me, than the prescription creams, but doesnt last
long and usually comes back worse, so I try not use it very often.
JC
jcave

Postby ptolemy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:21 am

hi

i think it was $25 for 100ml...
talking with my mother and looking...on her elbows, she had basically white covering everywhere

but now its not completely gone but its fairly clear...a lot better than before. also she said that it doesnt rash as before...

doc said its only 4 week treatment cause steroid is very strong and she has appointment i think this week or next, and i'll try to get an update from her

i will not say its the same as skin cap, in reality who knows(unless you take 2 by side and do full chemical analisys) but from what i read it uses same MAIN steroid(THE ONE not seen on skincap ingredient list and the reason skincap company didnt patent it..)

as long as it helps her, i'm happy
ptolemy

Postby LizardBoy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:38 pm

I've tried it.. It doesn't work for me.
I even tried the clobex spray for other areas of the skin.

only possitive thing i have to say about clobex is taht your skin doesn't bother as quiclkly after batheing.
My Two Cents
LizardBoy

hi there

Postby BigDaddy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm

waffnap wrote:Hello there sorry I haven't heard of this, just wanted to be polite in responding :) Glad to hear your mother has found some relief though and in mentioning it may also make others aware...
Jules

hello waffnap, where does the name come from?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

CLOBEX

Postby BigDaddy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 pm

LizardBoy wrote:I've tried it.. It doesn't work for me.
I even tried the clobex spray for other areas of the skin.

only possitive thing i have to say about clobex is taht your skin doesn't bother as quiclkly after batheing.

i also used expensive CLOBEX for over 2 months with no improvement in my psoriasis but a big dent in my back pocket! :roll:
BigDaddy
Power ranger

skin cap

Postby BigDaddy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 pm

ptolemy wrote:hi

i think it was $25 for 100ml...
talking with my mother and looking...on her elbows, she had basically white covering everywhere

but now its not completely gone but its fairly clear...a lot better than before. also she said that it doesnt rash as before...

doc said its only 4 week treatment cause steroid is very strong and she has appointment i think this week or next, and i'll try to get an update from her

i will not say its the same as skin cap, in reality who knows(unless you take 2 by side and do full chemical analisys) but from what i read it uses same MAIN steroid(THE ONE not seen on skincap ingredient list and the reason skincap company didnt patent it..)

as long as it helps her, i'm happy

from what i know about skincap, they just mixed up a whole pile of strong steroids and called it skincap, nothing special about it other than it was sold cheaply as it was not a registered drug and they did not list their ingrediients which made it illegal also.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby LizardBoy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:41 pm

by far, i prefer the clobetesol propianate ointment to any clobex brand. 5 dollar co-pay vs 25 is what i'm talking about.. Woot

Shampoo or Spray plain out is a rip-off.

I can't use the new stuff cuz I have history of kidney stones.
About 4 years ago I was prescribe betamethasone dipropianate and dovenex. which is similar to the new stuff and I'd pass a stone (which i never had prior) about every other month.
My Two Cents
LizardBoy

Return to Psoriasis chatter