top level antibiotics

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

top level antibiotics

Postby scratchy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:47 am

Hello All,
I am new to the site, but also not to psoriasis. I have had psoriasis about 10+ years. Last November/December I was in the hospital with a life threatening illness, peritinitus, from a perforated colon. While being treated, I was given top shelf antibiotics to treat the infection that almost killed me. Infectious Disease Control (IDC) was called in to treat me for the infection because I was not getting better. I then had surgery. I noticed after I was home recovering from surgery, my psoriasis was just about completely in remission. Of course as the antibiotics wore off, the psoriasis came back. There was also a down side to the antibiotisc that I was taking, the cost was very expensive. I do not know the effects of long term antibiotic care on the rest of the body's immune system, but there was deffinitely positive effects. I will get the names of the antibiotics and will post them later. I don't know if this helps, but this is the only time that I saw my psoriasis subside at any time since having psoriasis.

Thanks for the site,
Scratchy
scratchy

Re: top level antibiotics

Postby Nick Balgowan » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:07 am

scratchy wrote:Hello All,
I am new to the site, but also not to psoriasis. I have had psoriasis about 10+ years. Last November/December I was in the hospital with a life threatening illness, peritinitus, from a perforated colon. While being treated, I was given top shelf antibiotics to treat the infection that almost killed me. Infectious Disease Control (IDC) was called in to treat me for the infection because I was not getting better. I then had surgery. I noticed after I was home recovering from surgery, my psoriasis was just about completely in remission. Of course as the antibiotics wore off, the psoriasis came back. There was also a down side to the antibiotisc that I was taking, the cost was very expensive. I do not know the effects of long term antibiotic care on the rest of the body's immune system, but there was deffinitely positive effects. I will get the names of the antibiotics and will post them later. I don't know if this helps, but this is the only time that I saw my psoriasis subside at any time since having psoriasis.

Thanks for the site,
Scratchy

Hello Scratchy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Some of the powerful drugs used to treat psoriasis work by shutting down or surpressing pats of the immune system. The problem with anti-biotics and these types of drugs for psoriasis is that while on then, you are extremely open to any infection becoming much worse and things like cancers can take a grip while on these medications. PSoriasis is linked to an over active immune responce in your skin, so anything that takes this pressure off your body can impact on your psoriasis. But unfortuantely stop the treatmetn and the psoriasis usually spings back with a vengeance. So unfortunately using antibiotics for the treatment of psoriasis is not generally recommended and only the most potent anti-biotics have any results, and even then, only for some people. You may also want to see here, some of the warnings would typically be the same.

http://www.beatpsoriasis.com/enbrel-etanercept.htm
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com/raptiva-efalizumab.htm
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Re: top level antibiotics

Postby BigDaddy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:47 am

scratchy wrote:Hello All,

Thanks for the site,
Scratchy

hello scratchy, what drugs did they actually put you on. can you find out, would they continue to give them to your for your psoriasis treatment.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter