What were first symptoms of psoriasis?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

What were first symptoms of psoriasis?

Postby ktcats994 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi - I am new here and would like to know the very first symptoms of p. I have not yet seen a dermatologist. I have stage IV bone cancer, having had lower half of jawbone removed a little over 2 years ago. Frankly, I am so sick of doctors that I have been putting off seeing yet another one. On-line photos of p are very hard to see in detail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much :)

Oh, btw, my name is Katie.
ktcats994

Postby Itchy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:15 pm

Hi Katie,

I'm sure everyone’s experience is different but the first symptom of p I had was noticing a bit of dry scaly skin on my scalp which got progressively bigger. I was around 25 years old and my p was very mild and hardly noticeable until it started getting worse in my early 30s.

Cheers,
Chris
Itchy

Postby ptolemy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:24 am

similar for my mother

she started to have kinda like dandruff issues on her scalp as well as small round(increased in size later) 'moles' poped around her elbows

this was maybe 12-14 years ago...
ptolemy

thanks for replies

Postby ktcats994 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi, Chris & ptolemy - thanks so much for your replies, I appreciate them very much. Sounds exactly like my present symptoms, although the spots have moved from my scalp to my face now. Guess I will go see a dermatologist. :cry:
ktcats994

Postby waffnap » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:35 am

Hello Katie
A **big** welcome from me too
Julesxx
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: What were first symptoms of psoriasis?

Postby BigDaddy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:36 pm

ktcats994 wrote:Hi - I am new here and would like to know the very first symptoms of p. I have not yet seen a dermatologist. I have stage IV bone cancer, having had lower half of jawbone removed a little over 2 years ago. Frankly, I am so sick of doctors that I have been putting off seeing yet another one. On-line photos of p are very hard to see in detail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much :)

Oh, btw, my name is Katie.

howdy kate. I sympathise with you regarding doctors! I had small red blotches all over my scalp. never even knew they were there until I went for a haircut. not sure what triggered them, not sure when they started, but somtime since my last hair cut. it was very embarrasing, it was like bing undressed in public. I could see the worried look on the hairdresses face as she was cutting. she suggested some medicated shampoo thinking I had dandruff or something, and it made my head so much worse it stung.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

psoriasis on your scalp

Postby BigDaddy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Itchy wrote:Hi Katie,

I'm sure everyone’s experience is different but the first symptom of p I had was noticing a bit of dry scaly skin on my scalp which got progressively bigger. I was around 25 years old and my p was very mild and hardly noticeable until it started getting worse in my early 30s.

Cheers,
Chris

ditto Chris! seems like psoriasis often starts on the head. I wonder if we are using our brains too much?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter