Im a new member with Psoriasis

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Im a new member with Psoriasis

Postby deepa1980 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:23 pm

Hi

Im a new member.Ive never really been able to speak to anyone about my p, and this is the first time im doing this, so please if anyone can help. Ive suffered from Psoriasis for almost 15 Years now. Ive been using Dovonex and other ointments prescribed by my GP however its been no good.
Im now going to try the diet approach, I will be stopping red meats, alcohol, dairy product and sugars to see if it will help me in any way. Im also trying to eat more Fruit and Veg.

Im also going to the Dead Sea in Israel on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me, about how the treatment works and how their experiances were. Im very nervouus about going so any help, advice and Support will be appriciated

Many Thanks
Deeps
deepa1980

Postby waffnap » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:49 am

Hello Deepa1980
It's great to have a site like this where we can all come together from all corners of the world and realise we are not alone in our suffering. Sorry to read you have suffered so long with your P and hope you find something that works real soon.

I wish you all the best on your trip to the dead sea and send you my support 100%, good luck and let us all know how you get on.
Jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby deepa1980 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:17 pm

Thanks Jules

Ive been reading the other topics and yes i do feel i am not alone, its good to know there is support available.

Ive been told the dead sea is a great place for treatment so im willing to give it a try.

I will keep you informed of my progress and try and get as much information for you all, as ive noticed there isnt much on this forum about the dead sea. (if it is i cant find it).
Deeps
deepa1980

Postby waffnap » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:53 pm

That would be great Deepa1980 :D :D :D :D looking forward to it.
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: Im a new member with Psoriasis

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:39 pm

deepa1980 wrote:Hi

Im a new member.Ive never really been able to speak to anyone about my p, and this is the first time im doing this, so please if anyone can help. Ive suffered from Psoriasis for almost 15 Years now. Ive been using Dovonex and other ointments prescribed by my GP however its been no good.
Im now going to try the diet approach, I will be stopping red meats, alcohol, dairy product and sugars to see if it will help me in any way. Im also trying to eat more Fruit and Veg.

Im also going to the Dead Sea in Israel on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me, about how the treatment works and how their experiances were. Im very nervouus about going so any help, advice and Support will be appriciated

Many Thanks

hi deepa1980 - how has your trip to the dead see been?? I've seen these holidays advertised but not spoken to anybody who has actualy been on one. are you having special treatments while there or just enjoying the beach and the sun?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby MIA » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:39 am

Hello Deepa1980...Fairly new myself and very thankful I found the site.
Everyone is so nice and personable. Almost like you've know them a long time. Welcome.
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Mud from the Dead sea

Postby september » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Deeps I am also new was nervous about sites like this but this looks pretty good. You mentioned going to the Dead Sea. Just two weeks ago I bought some mud from the Dead Sea Cosmetics. It really seemed to help also bought the soap they advice. I think I made a mistake a few days ago when it was very itchy and applied some of the donovex and it has gotten much worse again. You might want to try the mud it definitely helped with the itch but was very drying should have just used baby oil or olive oil. Instead of using the Dovonex

September
september

Postby moodindigo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 am

Hi Deepa

Have you seen a Dermatologist? I'm fairly newly diagnosed but the medication from the Dermatologist worked much better than the stuff the GP gave me - and he's checking me regularly at the moment.

I have palmar plantar psoriasis so my treatment may not be the right one for you but my GP started me on Dovonex, which helped, but I was still struggling with cracked and bleeding areas on my fingers and palms.

The consultant gave me Hydromol emollient (instead of Diprobase) and Diprosalic as my steroid. It made a dramatic difference (though he says some of that can be put down to a seasonal improvement , with summer)

On the last check up he decided that I should use Dovobet in the morning and Diprosalic at night - and the Hydromol frequently. It seems to be working pretty well. The affected areas are there and break out easily if I forget to apply the ointments regularly but they are kept under control if I use it regularly.
moodindigo

Postby adnan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:11 am

i'vebeen to the dead sea and all what ican say that it's like any treatment, it may help, it may cover the P, but the P will come back !
adnan

Re: Im a new member with Psoriasis

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey deepa1980, how did your trip to the Dead Sea go? I have been reading into it, and I think that a high Boric Acid content in the water and salt in the area may have something to do with it.....
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter