I need help ASAP

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

I need help ASAP

Postby AznBoi101210 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:01 am

Well on the 1'st of July, I'm going to be going to Florida for the beaches. I have psoriasis but I need something to work fast so that my skin is not RED when I get to the beach or people are going to ask questions. I will say I was burned when I was a child, but I'd rather put on some medicine. It recently flared up because I decided to scrub the skin off with a pumice stone (extremely painful to some). I have it on my legs and I need help! Before I scrubbed the legs, the legs were almost healed but some parts were black. This is why I scrubbed the skin so that the black would go away and hopefully new skin would grow out and not be red...guess it backfired...
AznBoi101210

Postby waffnap » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:13 am

Hi there
Oh poor you I am cringing at the thought of scrubbing my skin with a pumice stone, I know if i rub too hard my skin bleeds. I think this is due to thinning of the skin with all the steroid creams I have been using in the past. I have been struggling for a long time to get rid of the redness on my legs with no success. I just wondered if there is any make up you could use just as a temporary measure. I don't know the where abouts of your location but if you are not from sunnier climates the sun may do your skin the world of good. I am totally with you on knowing how you feel, especially when on holiday just don't let it get the better of you. Chin up and have a great time 8)
Jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: I need help ASAP

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:52 am

AznBoi101210 wrote:Well on the 1'st of July, I'm going to be going to Florida for the beaches. I have psoriasis but I need something to work fast so that my skin is not RED when I get to the beach or people are going to ask questions. I will say I was burned when I was a child, but I'd rather put on some medicine. It recently flared up because I decided to scrub the skin off with a pumice stone (extremely painful to some). I have it on my legs and I need help! Before I scrubbed the legs, the legs were almost healed but some parts were black. This is why I scrubbed the skin so that the black would go away and hopefully new skin would grow out and not be red...guess it backfired...

Hi there,

unfortunately the only product to give fast (shock) results are (yuk) steroids.... but for short term use there is probably no issue. But you also need to be prepare that you may have a flare up once you stop the steroids again. But if you will be spending some time in the sun, that may counter the flare up?? Keep us posted!
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Re: I need help ASAP

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:47 pm

AznBoi101210 wrote:Well on the 1'st of July, I'm going to be going to Florida for the beaches. I have psoriasis but I need something to work fast so that my skin is not RED when I get to the beach or people are going to ask questions. I will say I was burned when I was a child, but I'd rather put on some medicine. It recently flared up because I decided to scrub the skin off with a pumice stone (extremely painful to some). I have it on my legs and I need help! Before I scrubbed the legs, the legs were almost healed but some parts were black. This is why I scrubbed the skin so that the black would go away and hopefully new skin would grow out and not be red...guess it backfired...

hello aznboi101210 - initially I tried rubbing off my dry patches with one of those scrubbing blocks, but I don't think it made anything better either. my doctor actually advised I try it, but the skin that was left remained very red and tender, so I didn't do it again.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby MIA » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:43 am

OUCH! That sounds more painful than what I did. I wanted the scales gone so badly I soaked in a tub of hot water, used a soft scouring pad and a bar of LAVA soap. This soap is used to clean your hands after working on cars or whatever. What I have found is that it strips the dead cells off of the skin without having to scrub so hard. It also removes the plaques so well that when you put your moisturizers or meds on it actually gets to where it needs to go. However, If you don't put something on it after....It burns like crazy, your skin tightens up like a rubberband. But, it helps me control the plaques
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Return to Psoriasis chatter