New to forum

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

New to forum

Postby Delia » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi fellow sufferers,
I have had Psoriasis for 40 years. I was diagnosed when I was 18 and life hasn1t been the same since. I am interested to hear from anyone who wants to talk. My name is Delia and I live in Queensland Australia. Bye for now
delia
Delia

Welcome

Postby Chi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:55 pm

Hi Delia and welcome!

I have psoriasis since 5 years old, so I know how it feels almost my entire life too.
Today I just talked to my coworkers and seems like psoriasis can just go away (but I think small chance). She has psoriasis on her hands and elbows only so doesn't seem too bad, her dad has psoriasis but then it's all gone once he retired. So it might be the stressful work life that triggered it but he was lucky enough that it went away after that. :)
Chi

Hi

Postby Dors » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:26 am

Hi Delia

Sorry to hear you have been suffering for so long.. I have also had Sporiasis for many yrs, but has been very mild and only at the back of the head. I have recently had a break out on my legs. I have tried several creams, mainly prescription, which has helped very little.
It is good to have a forum like this. Helps when we feel we are not alone with Psoriasis.
Regards Dors :)
Dors

Re: Welcome

Postby David Dunlop » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Chi wrote:Hi Delia and welcome!

I have psoriasis since 5 years old, so I know how it feels almost my entire life too.
Today I just talked to my coworkers and seems like psoriasis can just go away (but I think small chance). She has psoriasis on her hands and elbows only so doesn't seem too bad, her dad has psoriasis but then it's all gone once he retired. So it might be the stressful work life that triggered it but he was lucky enough that it went away after that. :)

hello chi,

I have also had psoriasis since I was 5, well six actually I think. It started as very small pale red patches on my head, it then spread to my back and stomach. It seems to have left my head over recent years, but I still have it all over my back, stomach and legs. I purchased a Dermalight 80 from this web page about 12 months ago. I have joined this forum now as I recently received a letter informing me of this new service, which I think it fantastic by the way! anyway, hope to hear back from you soon.
David Dunlop

Re: Hi

Postby David Dunlop » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:46 pm

Dors wrote:Hi Delia

Sorry to hear you have been suffering for so long.. I have also had Sporiasis for many yrs, but has been very mild and only at the back of the head. I have recently had a break out on my legs. I have tried several creams, mainly prescription, which has helped very little.
It is good to have a forum like this. Helps when we feel we are not alone with Psoriasis.
Regards Dors :)

hi dors, this is great! anyway, I have tried about every cream under teh sun. I even tried mixing my own from only natural oils, but that seemed to make things worse. I think some of the better natural moisturisers work better than any of the prescription or pharmacy lotions available, and about 1/10 of the cost. I went through a period of sloshing on buckets of steroids that seemed to keep it under control, but after about 6 months they didn't seem to work any more. My dermatologist said I couldn't use steroids long term as they were not necessarily safe and as I found out, they become less effective as your body gets used to them - strange indeed I thought! What creams had you tried?
David Dunlop

Re: Welcome

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:13 am

Chi wrote:Hi Delia and welcome!

hi chi - I have a cousin who's psoriasis just vanished one day. I wish mine would do the same, I have heard stories like this, but no such luck here.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter