cherries

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

cherries

Postby scar_oz » Tue May 23, 2006 12:40 pm

Hello everyone I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and am now nearly 32 I have tried so many things for my psoriasis(and my mother,grandmother and great grandfather)but I must say that eating fresh cherries a few each day gets totally rid of my psoriasis,I have now tried this 3 summers in a row and couldnt be happier with the results...my mother works with cherries and the first year she ate about 10 or 20 a day for about 6 or 8 weeks and she had no psoriasis ...I didnt believe her so I tried it and it worked for me as well.....but once the cherry season ends my psoriasis does start to come back but it hasnt been bad for three years even in winter I used to be covered from head to toe know I just get it on my knees and elbows and scalp....but please any one reading this give it a go..... :D
scar_oz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:13 pm
Location: Frankston, Australia

Postby waffnap » Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 am

Hello there
A guy at work swears by drinking cherry juice (concentrate) for his gout he says it's his miracle cure.
Cherries are now in season here in England I will give them a go, thanks for the info.
Jules
Little light, shining........
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

Cherry Ripe Cholcolates

Postby Nick Balgowan » Wed May 24, 2006 8:47 am

waffnap wrote:Hello there
A guy at work swears by drinking cherry juice (concentrate) for his gout he says it's his miracle cure.
Cherries are now in season here in England I will give them a go, thanks for the info.
Jules



Hmmm, I really hope this isn't the cure because I normally can't stand cherries. Stawberries or even cranberries I'd eat by the bucket load. But please let me know how you go, it would be interesting to know. I'd eat Cherry Ripe chocolates, but I don't think it would be as good as the real thing. Unfortunately we are heading into winter so I don't think I could find fresh cherries now anyway to try. Things like Grapes have lots of active ingredients so I would not doubt a berry may contain something useful.

Did I mention if a cure is found and posted on this web page, I retain 50% of the royalties ?
Last edited by Nick Balgowan on Thu May 25, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Postby waffnap » Thu May 25, 2006 5:36 am

Just bought my first batch of cherries today and they are quite expensive with just coming into season.
I have tried to change my diet by eating just fruit in the day anything at the moment is worth a go. I would send you some cherries Nick but by the time they reached you they would be more like dried prunes :lol:
I was told by the nurse once at the hospital to get out in the sun as much as I could. That's very difficult at the moment here in England. We are just about to enter into summer and it feels more like winter. I just wondered if anyone in England finds that the sun does help with their P?

Wow 50% of royalties with that you could buy a whole cherry farm and lots of happy folk...
Jules
Little light, shining........
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

fruit diets

Postby Nick Balgowan » Thu May 25, 2006 7:49 am

waffnap wrote:Just bought my first batch of cherries today and they are quite expensive with just coming into season.
I have tried to change my diet by eating just fruit in the day anything at the moment is worth a go. I would send you some cherries Nick but by the time they reached you they would be more like dried prunes :lol:
I was told by the nurse once at the hospital to get out in the sun as much as I could. That's very difficult at the moment here in England. We are just about to enter into summer and it feels more like winter. I just wondered if anyone in England finds that the sun does help with their P?

Wow 50% of royalties with that you could buy a whole cherry farm and lots of happy folk...
Jules


I have tried a largely fruit diet in the past with little success. I could probably fine some canned cherries, but not too keen on that idea.

Thanks for the kind offer on sending some cherries over!
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: fruit diets

Postby jcave » Fri May 26, 2006 8:40 am

Nick Balgowan wrote:
waffnap wrote:Just bought my first batch of cherries today and they are quite expensive with just coming into season.
I have tried to change my diet by eating just fruit in the day anything at the moment is worth a go. I would send you some cherries Nick but by the time they reached you they would be more like dried prunes :lol:
I was told by the nurse once at the hospital to get out in the sun as much as I could. That's very difficult at the moment here in England. We are just about to enter into summer and it feels more like winter. I just wondered if anyone in England finds that the sun does help with their P?

Wow 50% of royalties with that you could buy a whole cherry farm and lots of happy folk...
Jules


I have tried a largely fruit diet in the past with little success. I could probably fine some canned cherries, but not too keen on that idea.

Thanks for the kind offer on sending some cherries over!
Thanks for the tip, My parents have a cherry tree, there green right now but in a
few weeks they'll be just right. As for sunlight when I get enough courage
to take off my shirt and get a tan I usually end up with more patches starting, maybe its over exposure to the rays.
jcave
 

Postby waffnap » Sat May 27, 2006 4:38 am

Nick - so you tried the fruit diet with no success :( I shall give it a go then at least I can say I have tried :) That's the blooming trouble with this P trial and error triall and error!!!! It's like a long drawn out saga..

JC - I wonder if you just had short bursts of sunbathing, would that help. I know what you mean about having courage i feel just the same i won't get my legs out for anyone, so I guess I don't know if the sun would help.

Jules
Little light, shining........
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

Postby hkluth » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:10 am

I have been using the Cherry juice concentrate for about 6 months. It didn't help my psoriasis, but it makes an incredible difference on the arthritis pain in my knee, shoulders and back. When I ran out and didn't have a chance to get to the store for a few days, I noticed the joint pain returning pretty much immediately. I still do take my Arthritis meds but I know a few who have been able to reduce or quit their meds by using this daily.

There are many grocery stores here that carry it but I've also found several Health food stores that either already carry it or can get it. There are also a few different brand names. I'm not sure of the protocol for posting a link here but if anyone is interested, I can do so or can respond in an IM.

One thing that is important is to know that it has to be the Tart Pie Cherry, not the sweet kind. The one I use is a liquid concentrate and it can be added to any liquid you want - soda, juice, water, a smoothy etc... They say that it isn't as effective if mixed with something overly sugary, so I just add two tablespoons to an 8 ounce glass of water and sip it. I do happen to like cherries so it isn't a problem for me - it tastes just exactly like a Cherry Pie.
~ Heather ~
hkluth
Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 10:43 pm

cherries

Postby psexy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:24 am

hi, kids. i'm new here. anyway, i totally adore cherries, but have heard time and time again that many fruits, particularly citrus fruits, make the psoriasis go all wonky. how acidic are cherries?

i'm not sure why i'm being so cynical. if cherries help, i'll be thrilled.
"if you're sad and you like beer, then i'm your lady."

- lady port-huntley
psexy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:42 am
Location: san francisco

Postby waffnap » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 am

Hello Psexy **welcome** :)
I have no idea how acidic cherries are, however I have been eating them everyday for a while now with no iflamation or flare ups maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows :? Infact I,m all cherried out at the moment :lol: :lol: Strawberrys are in season at the mo but I find when I eat them I become all itchy and the skin becomes irritable so I leave well alone. Infact for the past few weeks all I eat during the day is a combination of different fruits and skip bread and have found pleasing results. plus I have managed to shed half a stone.
Cheers Jules
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

cherries

Postby scar_oz » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:36 am

Just been reading peoples comments about my cherry theory....well I mean fresh cherries not tinned ,not concentrate...FRESH CHERRIES...Also why I ate cherries I ate no other fruit but apart from that I ate as normal.but also you must eat them everyday for 3 or 4 weeks then say how your psoriasis is then.. :P :D :)
scar_oz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:13 pm
Location: Frankston, Australia

Postby waffnap » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:59 am

Hello scar-oz :D
Yeah I'm still on with the fresh cherries it's my staple diet now ya know :wink: The cherry and nothing but the whole cherry....
I am so pleased at the mo in the way my p my is behaving. Still no new outbreaks but just can't seem to shift the stubborn patches on my lower legs, but hey if that's as bad as it gets then I am one happy person :D
Jules
Little light, shining........
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

cherries???

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:55 am

waffnap wrote:Hello scar-oz :D
Yeah I'm still on with the fresh cherries it's my staple diet now ya know :wink: The cherry and nothing but the whole cherry....
I am so pleased at the mo in the way my p my is behaving. Still no new outbreaks but just can't seem to shift the stubborn patches on my lower legs, but hey if that's as bad as it gets then I am one happy person :D
Jules


ok, I'm putting this to the test. I'm going cherry hunting. But at the start of winter, it may be a long stretch but you never know. There may be imported ones some place. Fortuantely there are a number of fresh food markets in this neck of the woods.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Postby waffnap » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Good luck in your hunting (cherry picking) Nick!! Wouldn't it be great if something so simple like cherries worked for everyone. No doubt then there would be a cherry shortage :lol: :lol:
Little light, shining........
User avatar
waffnap
Power ranger
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 am
Location: England

Postby lil'froggie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:54 am

Hi all, I'm getting on the cherry bandwagon too!! They're fairly expensive at the moment but what the heck! Look forward to hearing how everyone goes.....
it isn't easy being green....
lil'froggie
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:53 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Next

Return to Psoriasis chatter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest