Hair loss in the shower

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Hair Loss and Hair Loss treatments go in here.

Hair loss in the shower

Postby theworker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:21 pm

Has anyone here experienced or know anythign about losing hair in the shower???

Pretty much everyday I would estimate Im losing 10-15 hairs in the shower when i wash my hair. I am only 24 years old however I know that hair loss can start at my age for plenty of people. What is also curious is that it doesnt seem to be the hairs in the very back of my head, only the top (i have longer hair on my top than in teh back).

Anyone have any input to this??
theworker
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm

Re: Hair loss in the shower

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:06 pm

theworker wrote:Has anyone here experienced or know anythign about losing hair in the shower???

Pretty much everyday I would estimate Im losing 10-15 hairs in the shower when i wash my hair. I am only 24 years old however I know that hair loss can start at my age for plenty of people. What is also curious is that it doesnt seem to be the hairs in the very back of my head, only the top (i have longer hair on my top than in teh back).

Anyone have any input to this??


Hello,

It is unlikely that the shower process is causing or contributing to your hair loss, unless of course you have a scortching hot shower? It you are experiencing hair loss, it is more likely that you notice it in the shower or it contributes to hairs that are already leaving, leaving at once rather than over the course of the day or few days.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Postby theworker » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:59 am

ahaha no i didnt mean to imply i think the shower is causing my hair loss, I just was saynig that in the shower is when i see that a good amount of hair is falling out.

What I really am saying is that is it normal to lose 10-15 hairs a day??
theworker
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm

daily hair loss

Postby Nick Balgowan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:28 am

theworker wrote:ahaha no i didnt mean to imply i think the shower is causing my hair loss, I just was saynig that in the shower is when i see that a good amount of hair is falling out.

What I really am saying is that is it normal to lose 10-15 hairs a day??


Yes, very normal. Infact, I think the normal number is much higher than that. I will see if I can look it up for you. Hair is constantly falling out and also growing.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Postby theworker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:36 pm

wow, i cantb eleive that it is normal to lose that much hair in a day. Its just strange to me because i never used to notice so many hairs falling out in the shower before.

One thing that might lead to it is this new hair wax i have been using. it is a really strong hold and i assume my hair is stuck into place until i wash my hair, which might be why i see the hair loss coming in teh shower rather than on my pillow or other random times.

thanks for responding and ill be looking to see if you can find a stat on ave daily hair loss....
theworker
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm

normal hair loss

Postby Nick Balgowan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:52 am

theworker wrote:wow, i cantb eleive that it is normal to lose that much hair in a day. Its just strange to me because i never used to notice so many hairs falling out in the shower before.

One thing that might lead to it is this new hair wax i have been using. it is a really strong hold and i assume my hair is stuck into place until i wash my hair, which might be why i see the hair loss coming in teh shower rather than on my pillow or other random times.

thanks for responding and ill be looking to see if you can find a stat on ave daily hair loss....


Hi,

I have found 2 statistics. One says 50-100 hairs shed every day, another says 100-150 per day. Hair Loss can become a problem when the hair follicle decides to become dormant and will not longer produce a replacement hair.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Postby theworker » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:31 am

i see---

so it isnt really a matter of how much hair you lose daily, unless of course if you are losing hundreds per day, but its more of a replacement issue that leads to baldness.
theworker
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm

hair loss

Postby Nick Balgowan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:42 am

theworker wrote:i see---

so it isnt really a matter of how much hair you lose daily, unless of course if you are losing hundreds per day, but its more of a replacement issue that leads to baldness.


basically correct, the underlying cause of hair loss can be very different. but its normall to shed hair, just like it is normal to shed skin.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
User avatar
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Australia

Hair Loss

Postby neria » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:09 pm

Losing a hundred strands of hair a day is very normal.
Old hair falls and new hair grows. Thats just the case.
But if your scalp is already visible, then its definitely serious! Hair Loss!
And hair loss does happen to everyone though 20's or younger.

To "theworker" - in your case I think you dont have to worry about your hair.
Me myself sheds so much hair a day(cant count), and I dont mind cause I have a long hair and they are still very healthy and thick today (thanks God).
neria
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:55 pm

Re: daily hair loss

Postby thelma » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Nick Balgowan wrote:...
Yes, very normal. Infact, I think the normal number is much higher than that. I will see if I can look it up for you. Hair is constantly falling out and also growing.


He is absolutely right. Normal hair loss daily is more than what you lost in a day. And even at 24 is normal to lose hair, why this could be something genetic. Are there any baldies in the family-I mean, those who lost hair prematurely? This is likely to follow you know.
thelma
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: Hair loss in the shower

Postby sophia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:56 am

In my condition, I'm also experiencing these hair loss since I use conditioners. Then I stop using it, but my hair is continuing to loss each time I take a shower. So i go to the doctor and have some hair loss treatments And my hair now is less hair fall.
sophia
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 am

Re: Hair loss in the shower

Postby aaroniero » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 pm

i also had bad experience in taking a bath..when i start to wash my hair, i was shocked that hair or a mass of hair starts to fall and starts to clog my drain..i was so shocked! i didn't finish my bath that time but instead, i went to my doctor to have a consultation..






----------------------------------------
aaroniero
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Hair loss in the shower

Postby MikePizo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Well I am hearing something new,that you get an hair fall in shower,well may it happen in come cases but shower wont be the reasion for it.
MikePizo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:06 pm


Return to Hair loss chatter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest