Hello from norway

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Hello from norway

Postby matsalie » Sat May 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi, came across this page while browsing around, looking for more info on psoriasis, wich I have.

It's nice to see people gathering in a forum to discuss what we have in common, altho I think we'd all wish we didn't suffer from this condition at all:wink:

Anyway, I've had this condition for about six years, and I've finally pulled my guts together and started looking for more ways to treat it than with lotions prescribed by my doctor, wich doesn't work for me btw... of course, there is a girl behind all this hehe

currently I'm going to a regular tanning salon, using a solarium regularly, wich isn't supposed to work, I know, but I find that it, along with a prescription free lotion, developed by the local university, at least dampens the irritation a bit. I'm looking into making changes in my diet to improve this further. The narrow band uvb light treatment also caught my interest(getting a tan and some lingering is nice, but the goal is to get "rid" of it), would be nice to get some feedback, if any, about these products :):)

I've put this forum on my toolbar, gonna check up on it every day now hehe

one more thing, is there more to the psoriasis part on this forum besides the chatter part? jsut wondering

Thanks

Mats

26 years old from norway

*edit* I'm not here to advertise about the lotion I'm using ;) I just read the announcement about advertising hehe
matsalie

Re: Hello from norway

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat May 13, 2006 5:59 pm

matsalie wrote:Hi, came across this page while browsing around, looking for more info on psoriasis, wich I have.

It's nice to see people gathering in a forum to discuss what we have in common, altho I think we'd all wish we didn't suffer from this condition at all:wink:

Anyway, I've had this condition for about six years, and I've finally pulled my guts together and started looking for more ways to treat it than with lotions prescribed by my doctor, wich doesn't work for me btw... of course, there is a girl behind all this hehe

currently I'm going to a regular tanning salon, using a solarium regularly, wich isn't supposed to work, I know, but I find that it, along with a prescription free lotion, developed by the local university, at least dampens the irritation a bit. I'm looking into making changes in my diet to improve this further. The narrow band uvb light treatment also caught my interest(getting a tan and some lingering is nice, but the goal is to get "rid" of it), would be nice to get some feedback, if any, about these products :):)

I've put this forum on my toolbar, gonna check up on it every day now hehe

one more thing, is there more to the psoriasis part on this forum besides the chatter part? jsut wondering

Thanks

Mats

26 years old from norway

*edit* I'm not here to advertise about the lotion I'm using ;) I just read the announcement about advertising hehe

Hello Matsalie,

Great to hear from you all the way from Norway! Infact, UVA used in tanning salons does work for a small number of people, but only a few unfortunately. Typically skin simply tans with UVA, skin reacts differently to UVB in most people.

Can you post details of what is in the lotion you are using from your university? I would be interested to know what the active contents are - it is good that you are finding relief from it.

Currently there are only a few sections to this forum, but I may add more if people ask for them.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby matsalie » Sun May 14, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi again, and thanks for the welcome Nick :)

regarding the lotion, wich is called Zona, I couldn't find any details on the lotion in english, so I'll try to tell ya the basics in english hehe...

It's based on a enzyme patented as zonase, wich is extracted from salomon eggs, it's the enzyme that breaks down the the shell around the embryo, without damaging the embryo itself.

It's been found to have a very good lingering effect on several types of excemas and psoriasis, and other skin conditions too, as well as it helps the healing process of wounds. Basically, it removes dead cells, while leaving the healthy ones alone.

I find that it works for me, at least on the spots I know are psoriasis, on the other hand I've recently gotten a new spot on my right forearm, wich it doesn't seem to respond to it at all, except lingering the itch(lingering would be the proper term wouldn't it?). For all I know, this might something else, I'm seeing my doc one of these days to get it checked out, since it's seems more aggressive than the other spots. Might be something new and different :?, I've heard about a virus infection going around these days, anyway, gonna check up on that with my doc..
matsalie

Re: Hello from norway

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 am

hello, how is your cream from the Norway university going? Are you still using it successfully ??
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter