cost of derma light

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

cost of derma light

Postby scabby » Wed May 20, 2009 4:50 am

Hey Guys
I came to this site looking for help and i did certainly get lots of advice. I loved the cherries i mustr admit. Only thing is dont you find that as sufferes of P people just take us for a ride as some can get so desperate they'll spend what ever money it takes to try and get well but once the money is down the drain you find it does't work. THing about the site joined to this forum is ripping us off with the price of the derma light 80. Ive seen it on a british website for £150 when on here its £400!!! The people who set this site up said they were here to help support people with P, if they were, they would do it a reduced price not trying to get all our money out of us. How much does it cost to make one of these things anyway plus a website based business cuts down on costs, it feels like the ones who are saying they are trying to help us are the ones who are using us in our distressed state. wolves in sheeps clothing I feel.
scabby

Re: cost of derma light

Postby Nick Balgowan » Wed May 20, 2009 8:50 am

scabby wrote:Hey Guys
I came to this site looking for help and i did certainly get lots of advice. I loved the cherries i mustr admit. Only thing is dont you find that as sufferes of P people just take us for a ride as some can get so desperate they'll spend what ever money it takes to try and get well but once the money is down the drain you find it does't work. THing about the site joined to this forum is ripping us off with the price of the derma light 80. Ive seen it on a british website for £150 when on here its £400!!! The people who set this site up said they were here to help support people with P, if they were, they would do it a reduced price not trying to get all our money out of us. How much does it cost to make one of these things anyway plus a website based business cuts down on costs, it feels like the ones who are saying they are trying to help us are the ones who are using us in our distressed state. wolves in sheeps clothing I feel.

Hi Scaby,

Thanks for visiting our forum and taking time to leave your feedback. However, I think you have missed out on a bit of the history here. For around 10 years http://www.beatpsoriasis.com was probably the largest supplier of Dermalight80 outside of Germany, where the product is made. For many years, the Dermalight80 was sold in the USA for $695 USD plus freight. At this time, there was not many resellers in Europe or the UK. In fact, we supplied many of these agents who are now direct resellers in other countries. If you do some research, the street price on the Dermalight80 in the USA is CURRENTLY at least $595 USD plus another $145 for freight (Amjo and National Biological,) and even $640 and $695 PLUS freight (Amazon and others.) Our standing price on Dermalight80 was $595 USD inclusive of FREE express freight worldwide that often cost us in excess of $95 USD. I can find at least 5 suppliers in the USA who are charging at least $595 USD plus freight even today..... It is also called a Handisol in the USA, so try searching for that also.

We have not actually sold a Dermalight80 is well over a year as we have started development of a newer system that we believe offers more power, increased safety, easier operation and much more convenience. You can find information about this device at http://www.dermaray.com Obviously with any premium product, there is always something cheaper with less features.

Since we ceased reselling Dermalight80, a number of new resellers have appeared all over the world and the competition on medical devices within Europe is fierce. Probably compounded with the current global recession. For the duration of the period we offered Dermalight80 for sale, we constantly offered a "best price policy" and even offered to refund any difference if a cheaper delivered price was obtainable. During the time we operated with the Dermalight80, there was not a single application made against this policy. These days with the internet, it doesn't take much effort to compare prices and suppliers.......

Incidentally, the reaon I became involved in phototherapy is that I have had psoriasis since I was 16 and found it was the only therapy that worked well for me. At the time, it was next to impossible to buy phototherapy, let alone online.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby Ambiance » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

FYI::: i just did some googling, price in the UK on the Dermalight-80 machine range from E 223 to E 430!! I found one seller on Amazon.com asking $1200 USD !!!
Ambiance

Postby scabby » Thu May 21, 2009 1:56 am

I understand about people marking down prices to be competetive and what not, but £250 difference is quite a lot. I can buy 2 and have £50 spare if I go to allergymatersdotcodotuk. Amazonuk is only £165. Did u design these if so how can they sell them that much cheaper than you. My question is how much mark up do you make on them. Fair enough you had psoriasis but you do seem to be making alot of money from psoriasis sufferes.
scabby

Postby scabby » Thu May 21, 2009 2:05 am

sorry man i didnt read your last email properly earlier just kind of scanned it. But I did check your website first where it was advertised at £400 then I searched it on yahoo and found the same item in the uk for £150. How would you feel? proberly like you were been ripped off.
scabby

Postby scabby » Thu May 21, 2009 7:30 am

I'LL APOLOGISE FOR MY RANT, BUT IT JUSTS SEEMS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE IN COST FOR THE SAME THING, AND £400 FOR A HAIR BRUSH WITH A LIGHT IS JUST TO MUCH WHEN I CAN GET IT £250 CHEAPER. i'D PREFER TO HAVE GOT IT FROM BEAT P BUT I AINT MADE OF MONEY. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FORUM THOUGH. p.S aRE YOU OK AMBIENT YOU SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ON HERE A LOT LATELY?
scabby

Postby Ambiance » Thu May 21, 2009 6:40 pm

scabby wrote:I'LL APOLOGISE FOR MY RANT, BUT IT JUSTS SEEMS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE IN COST FOR THE SAME THING, AND £400 FOR A HAIR BRUSH WITH A LIGHT IS JUST TO MUCH WHEN I CAN GET IT £250 CHEAPER. i'D PREFER TO HAVE GOT IT FROM BEAT P BUT I AINT MADE OF MONEY. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FORUM THOUGH. p.S aRE YOU OK AMBIENT YOU SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ON HERE A LOT LATELY?

Hello Scabby. Thanks for asking. Yes, I am reading through all of the posts on this forum, its taking me a few hours each night after work. I wish I could spend all day troving through here. I have been suffering a fair bit lately and reading up all I can on the different treatments. I wish more people would come back and report how their various treatments have been progressing. Thanks again so much for asking! :wink: :wink:

Sorry if I went off a bit also. Seems to be a massive disparrity on the pricing of most products from store to store.
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter