Fell off the wagon over Thanksgiving

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Fell off the wagon over Thanksgiving

Postby roqqe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:47 am

Wow, I ate everything that I was not supposed to and then I couldn't stop! I was crazy! Just yesterday and today I have been good.... and my skin is horribly paying for it, my spots are red, inflammed and sore :cry:

I don't know about you guys, but this diet is really, really, hard.... I hope I get used to it. I am trying new things from the health store, has anyone heard of Spelt? Is it an okay wheat alternative? The tortillas are really yummy, so I hope so. I am finding it very difficult to eat so many veggies a day. I can live off Chinese food though, I do enjoy that part.

I lived off of milk, pizza, breads, cereals, chocolate, coffee, really good sandwiches, Italian food, steak and burgers, I am hurtin' I miss my old food.....
I need someone's hand to get me through this diet. I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but it's so hard to give up so much,
I feel so cursed for having psoriasis at times.... I feel like what did I do to deserve this, and what is wrong with me?

Sorry to be such a downer today,
Raquel
Don't ever, ever, ever, give up!
roqqe

Re: Fell off the wagon over Thanksgiving

Postby Nick Balgowan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:42 am

roqqe wrote:Wow, I ate everything that I was not supposed to and then I couldn't stop! I was crazy! Just yesterday and today I have been good.... and my skin is horribly paying for it, my spots are red, inflammed and sore :cry:

I don't know about you guys, but this diet is really, really, hard.... I hope I get used to it. I am trying new things from the health store, has anyone heard of Spelt? Is it an okay wheat alternative? The tortillas are really yummy, so I hope so. I am finding it very difficult to eat so many veggies a day. I can live off Chinese food though, I do enjoy that part.

I lived off of milk, pizza, breads, cereals, chocolate, coffee, really good sandwiches, Italian food, steak and burgers, I am hurtin' I miss my old food.....
I need someone's hand to get me through this diet. I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but it's so hard to give up so much,
I feel so cursed for having psoriasis at times.... I feel like what did I do to deserve this, and what is wrong with me?

Sorry to be such a downer today,
Raquel

Hello Rogge, Spelt is one of the "ancient grains" and was a popular part of our diet way before wheat. It is often thought so many people can not tollerate wheat because it was never part of our traditional diets. There are actually about 5 or so ancient grains, the names of the other ones escape me at the moment, but any good health food shop should offer breads and cereals from all of them.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby Terasa » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi
Firstly i would like to say "There is absolutly nothing wrong with you" i have had P for 27 years, since i was 6 years old. You need to let yourself know that one day there will be a cure.....We have to believe that....If you can stick to your diet and if it is working then tryas a to stick to it as much as possible. Me, i cant stick to any diet.

Stop trying to justify your skin condition and stay positive...If someone else has a problem with your skin just keep reminding yourself that this is their problem not yours......

Good luck with everything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tahlia and Jaidyn are so cool
Terasa

Postby natkingcole23 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:38 am

Wow, I ate everything that I was not supposed to and then I couldn't stop! I was crazy! Just yesterday and today I have been good.... and my skin is horribly paying for it, my spots are red, inflammed and sore

Sounds like it was a very good learning experience, now you know what... or partly what causes psoriasis for you.
Anyhow I had a similar experience just last Sunday, I had a few drinks..1 glass of beer, and two shots of whisky, it was a friends birthday. After that (and during the party) I simply just drank lots of water. Probably about 3 liters or more and my skin calm down the following day and the lesions started fading. Now I try to drink more water through the day I want to drink about 4 liters.

Regards,

Nathan
natkingcole23

Postby natkingcole23 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:21 pm

Wow, I ate everything that I was not supposed to and then I couldn't stop! I was crazy! Just yesterday and today I have been good.... and my skin is horribly paying for it, my spots are red, inflammed and sore :cry:

Also I forgot to say before...I ate loads of vegetables and made vegetable juice everyday, usually I drink a large glass in the morning and again at night.
I read on a fitness/body building website recently a good way to stay thin is to eat lots of salads while eating out or before going out for dinner. The reason is that it makes you less hungry and you tend to eat less of the tasty bad stuff like steak and cake etc. Sounds like it would apply to people with psoriasis too!

Regards,

Nathan
natkingcole23

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm

I love Chinese food, also indian food. Unfortunately with the spices in both, neither are any good for my skin :lol:
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter