Biopsy

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Biopsy

Postby Dors » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Visited the Dr today after a biopsy last week, confirmed that I do not have Psoriasis. I have Dermatitis. My previous Dr Diagnosed me having Psoriasis. good to get a second opinion sometimes.
I will stay with the Forum... checking with the Dermatitis section

Warm regards Dors. :)
Dors

Re: Biopsy

Postby Nick Balgowan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:02 am

Dors wrote:Visited the Dr today after a biopsy last week, confirmed that I do not have Psoriasis. I have Dermatitis. My previous Dr Diagnosed me having Psoriasis. good to get a second opinion sometimes.

Hello Dors,

something I hear all too often, misdiagnosis of psoriasis, or not diagnosed as psoriasis properly. We may need somebody to kick off the dermatitis section ;-)
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

kicking it off :)

Postby Dors » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks Nick... Guess I will kick the dermatistis site off.. :lol:

Regards Dors
Dors

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:39 pm

Dors wrote:Visited the Dr today after a biopsy last week, confirmed that I do not have Psoriasis. I have Dermatitis. My previous Dr Diagnosed me having Psoriasis. good to get a second opinion sometimes.

some diagnosis. seems fairly common through reading here. it either takes time to work out something is psoriasis, or even longer to work out it is NOT psoriasis. how long did it take your new doctor to work out you had psoriasis and not dermatitis? did you confront your first doctor with their error?
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Biopsy

Postby Dors » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 pm

No BigDaddy I didn't confront the first Dr. as she did not do a biopsy, she just looked at it and say yes it is psoriasis. after approx 1 yr I had moved and decided to check out a local Dr. It was this Dr that said lets do a biopsy and of course it came back negative to psoriasis. He then diagnosed it as being dermatitis.
regards Dors
Dors

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 6:40 pm

wowsers! does that happen often? can you have dermatitis but be told you have psoriasis??? help!
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter