Psoriasis

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Psoriasis

Postby Lisaw » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I believe also I had P as a young child, moving from my legs upto my hands as a teenager into adulthood and now at the age of 39 it has disappeared from my hands and appeared on my scalp.
Lisaw

Re: Psoriasis

Postby Nick Balgowan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Lisaw wrote:I believe also I had P as a young child, moving from my legs upto my hands as a teenager into adulthood and now at the age of 39 it has disappeared from my hands and appeared on my scalp.

Hello again, yes that seems to be fairly common too. Mine started on my head, moved to my back, then moved to my front, and now the main parts that remain are on my shins and relatively easy to keep under control fortunately. Often when psoriasis leaves and area, white patches may remain just as an evil taunting reminder probably :twisted:
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby Sedna » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:20 am

Same here, psoriasis started on my scalp, then moved to my back then the front. It then spread to my legs, however, that was along time ago and now I only get it on my scalp. However, if I am really stressed I'll get a patch of it on my face.
Sedna

Psoriasis on the face

Postby Lisaw » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:24 pm

How do you deal with that especially if you wear makeup everyday like I do. I guess you have to wash if off when you get home after work and apply the creams/ointments that work for you.
Lisaw

Postby Ambiance » Sun May 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Lisaw wrote:I believe also I had P as a young child, moving from my legs upto my hands as a teenager into adulthood and now at the age of 39 it has disappeared from my hands and appeared on my scalp.

Greetingz Lisaw. how strange. My psoriasis started as a result of suffering from strep. but it started and remains on my head, and comes and goes fairly much all over my body. I have some permanent patches on my knees and elbow, but thats it.
Ambiance

Postby bigrig123 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi.
I have extensive on my back scalp elbows knees, ihave had it for a long time and I was told a few years back to get a tub of Ruddochs Deri-Sal and rub that in and leave on for about 1 hour a day then wipe it off. It does work very well but do not have your clothes rub on it as it will stain your clothes. .
Len

:roll: :D
Len
bigrig123@exemail.com.au
bigrig123

Postby Ambiance » Fri May 15, 2009 11:00 pm

bigrig123 wrote:Hi.
I have extensive on my back scalp elbows knees, ihave had it for a long time and I was told a few years back to get a tub of Ruddochs Deri-Sal and rub that in and leave on for about 1 hour a day then wipe it off. It does work very well but do not have your clothes rub on it as it will stain your clothes. .
Len

:roll: :D

what is Deri-Sal --- is that a coal tar lotions? Sounds similar if it stains clothing. Is it a yellow color with a rather harsh type of smell?
Ambiance

Postby bigrig123 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:23 am

Hi.
Rudduck's Deri-Sal is an Ointment used on cows teats to stop Infections and to heal chapping and cracks, sores and wounds, It may sound as if it would not be good to use on Humans but I must say it certainly will control Psorisis.
You can buy it from a Stock Supply Store for $34.75, I bought a new tub Saturday.
The Active Constituents in a 1 KG tub is: Zinc Oxide 30g/kg - Boric Acid 15g/kg
Len :
:D
bigrig123

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

bigrig123 wrote:Hi.
Rudduck's Deri-Sal is an Ointment used on cows teats to stop Infections and to heal chapping and cracks, sores and wounds, It may sound as if it would not be good to use on Humans but I must say it certainly will control Psorisis.
You can buy it from a Stock Supply Store for $34.75, I bought a new tub Saturday.
The Active Constituents in a 1 KG tub is: Zinc Oxide 30g/kg - Boric Acid 15g/kg
Len :
:D

OH DEAR! What is boric acid exactly? Sound a bit harsh so I looked it up! This is from Wikipedia. I think Zinc Oxide is commonly used in barrier creams, even baby daiper creams. But hey, if it works who cares whats in it !! Nice find. :wink:

"Boric acid, also called boracic acid or orthoboric acid or Acidum Boricum, is a weak acid often used as an antiseptic, insecticide, flame retardant, in nuclear power plants to control the fission rate of uranium, and as a precursor of other chemical compounds. It exists in the form of colorless crystals or a white powder and dissolves in water. It has the chemical formula H3BO3, sometimes written B(OH)3. When occurring as a mineral, it is called sassolite."
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter