Help! New and in need of advise

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Help! New and in need of advise

Postby tiggerific1973 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:41 am

Hi everyone

Im new to this forum and I think its great.

A little about me.... I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis in September 06 and since then I have developed inverse, genital, scalp and some plaque p too.

I am having lots of problems with it and I am due to have UVB in February. The guttate affects all of my body including my face and hands, (which I find the hardest to deal with!) It is so itchy and the last 2 weeks they have gone extremley painful!! The are spreading like wild fire at the moment and I feel very uncomfortable.

Any tips and advice for this newbie??

:)
tiggerific1973

Postby powderchyld » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:51 am

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are having such difficulty :( Drink as much water as you possibly can. Don't itch, it will only aggravate it, I know it's impossible, but keep it to a minimum if possible. Avoid high sugar intake and try to keep your diet as natural as possible. The UV will help just don't over do it as burning your plaques makes them even worse than they were to begin with. Read as much as you can on this forum, as I found it really helped! Water and sun are key I think, at least they were for me. Hope you get some relief.
powderchyld

Postby natkingcole23 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:07 am

I seconded what she said. Great advice.

Regards,

Nat
natkingcole23

Re: Help! New and in need of advise

Postby nightangel67 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:22 am

Just been away for a bit and saw this post.
I have it on my face to with eczema and it is pretty hard to cope with at times...it's on your face and definitely quite hard to hide it.
Stress plays a major factor for me personally.
I went through biopsies for skin cancer and thank-fully they came back negative so far.
Really wanted to say hi and am trying to deal with this the best way I can.
Talking about it helps especially if someone has it to and can understand and relate on how it makes me feel about myself.
Definately can be difficult to maintain your self-esteem and self-worth.
Ppl also don't understand it can be painful, itchy and make it hard to work or be in the public.
Hope you are doing okay and feel free to write me anytime...I hope you see this post.
Take care!
tiggerific1973 wrote:Hi everyone

Im new to this forum and I think its great.

A little about me.... I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis in September 06 and since then I have developed inverse, genital, scalp and some plaque p too.

I am having lots of problems with it and I am due to have UVB in February. The guttate affects all of my body including my face and hands, (which I find the hardest to deal with!) It is so itchy and the last 2 weeks they have gone extremley painful!! The are spreading like wild fire at the moment and I feel very uncomfortable.

Any tips and advice for this newbie??

:)
nightangel67

Postby september » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi I developed psoriasis about two years ago on my hands and feet the UV therapy helped the most. But I have found it very drying and I was having difficulty again, I went back to dovbet at night but it wasn't helping. My hands felt like the skin was to tight I started using Udder Cream you can get a big bottle at superstore for 6.99. I know I have a thousand creams but for some reason this one has helped the dryness and the itching to. September
september

Re: Help! New and in need of advise

Postby Ambiance » Sun May 10, 2009 6:58 pm

greetingz all. I am a newbie here also. I thought I would drop a line to say that sun and lots of water help my condition also. I really hope eveyone has found something that works well for them.
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter