Aculas Laser

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Hair Loss and Hair Loss treatments go in here.

Aculas Laser

Postby rellim » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:11 am

I came across the Aculas web site while searching for a local provider for Low Light Laser Hair Therapy. I found competitor web sites as well. I have a few questions and perhaps you can help me. The competing products (to the Aculas) all look similar to hair brushes so one would assume you use it in much the same way. When I look at the Aculas, I can't figure out how I would use it. Is there a separate attachment I must buy in addition to the $899 laser?

Recently, I went to a clinic that offers laser hair therapy and due to a bad experience, I am holding them off as a last resort. They offer their services for $3,500 (hair products are mandatory and cost extra.) Their package consists of 1-hour treatments (one per week) for 5 weeks. The next 6-8 weeks I would need a 30-minute treatment weekly and they would start to taper off even more. They also had a slew of products that I needed to buy to help the laser therapy work. They told me that I had a buildup of excess sebum. I have several questions I hope you can help me with:

1. Is the treatment schedule similar with the Aculas laser?
2. Will I need to purchase special (expensive) hair products for treatment to be effective?
3. Will I need to use the Aculas indefinately?
4. Any idea how to get rid of the extra sebum?

I hope you have answers or suggestions. I am very frustrated at this point and not sure in which direction to turn.

Thank you.
rellim

Re: Aculas Laser

Postby Nick Balgowan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 am

rellim wrote:I came across the Aculas web site while searching for a local provider for Low Light Laser Hair Therapy. I found competitor web sites as well. I have a few questions and perhaps you can help me. The competing products (to the Aculas) all look similar to hair brushes so one would assume you use it in much the same way. When I look at the Aculas, I can't figure out how I would use it. Is there a separate attachment I must buy in addition to the $899 laser?

Recently, I went to a clinic that offers laser hair therapy and due to a bad experience, I am holding them off as a last resort. They offer their services for $3,500 (hair products are mandatory and cost extra.) Their package consists of 1-hour treatments (one per week) for 5 weeks. The next 6-8 weeks I would need a 30-minute treatment weekly and they would start to taper off even more. They also had a slew of products that I needed to buy to help the laser therapy work. They told me that I had a buildup of excess sebum. I have several questions I hope you can help me with:

1. Is the treatment schedule similar with the Aculas laser?
2. Will I need to purchase special (expensive) hair products for treatment to be effective?
3. Will I need to use the Aculas indefinately?
4. Any idea how to get rid of the extra sebum?

I hope you have answers or suggestions. I am very frustrated at this point and not sure in which direction to turn.

Thank you.

Hello, no there is no separate attachment. Many products are using extremely low powered lasers or various ways to spread their laser energy, we offer direct laser energy and there is absolutely no need to combs or spikes. All this does is put even more distance between your scalp and the laser energy. LLLT laser energy drops signifigantly over distance, a 5mW laser that is 10cm from your head (in some designs) is nearly 0.05mW by the time it actually reaches your scalp. We will be putting pictures online soon from an electron micriscope that shows what happens when the laser hits your skin, but the path is anything but straight. Simply folding hair to one side with a comb or attachment makes no different to the exposed areas.

Basically salons are in the high pressure sales field and want to sell you everything under the sun. Selsun Blue anti-dandruff shampoo has the same active ingredients as most of these "private lable" expnsive salon shampoos and does just as good job removing any excess sebum. For any product offered in a salon, a better (and much cheaper) product exists in your pharmacist or chemist. We are not in the market of offering over priced and unsubstantiated topical lotions, shampoos or vitamins. Our laser specifications generally speak for themselves and LLLT is a valid treatment without the need for all the extra expenisive products. Also, more frequent shorter sessions are more effective and safer for you. A salon want to reduce your number of visits so try to increase the exposure time which is often COUNTER PRODUCTIVE for phototherapy or any nature. We have tested all different frequencies and different durations and the best exposure with our technology is 15 minutes ever 2-3 days. Using it for 30minutes or even 60 minutese ever day makes no obvious difference, and in some instances may be over exposing (having a detramental affect.)

LLLT treatment is a treatment and not a cure, there is not cure at this time. So yes, after the initial 3 months, you need to continue use at least once per week is recommended or a few times a month at minimum. All of this in consideration, salons are finding it difficult to charge $3,500 for limited laser sessions, so they must sell all the extra products to differentiate themselves. We simply refer people to their local chemist to buy name brand products if they want extra products, but other than a good shampoo, there is nothing other than Rogain that is approved for that purpose - and it is extremely expensive and only has results for some people.

I hope that answers your questions.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Return to Hair loss chatter