Vitamin D

Phototherapy is approved for treatment of over 25 different conditions, from skin disease, to low Vitamin D absorbsion to Seasonal Affective Disorder or SADS depression. Discuss general Phototherapy treatment here plus Hyperhydrosis and anything else.

Re: Vitamin D

Postby Nick Balgowan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Septembergirl wrote:I need to boost my vitamin D levels. Will Dermalight 80 with the standard NB-UVB bulbs promote higher vitamin D levels? What are the typical length of treatment sessions for this purpose?

I also have some hypopigmentation (depigmented spots) on my legs due to permanent hair removal with electrolysis. Will the NB-UVB light help with this condition?

What is the difference between NB-UVB and UVB? Which of them is most suitable in treating psoriasis?

TIA. :)

Hello Septembergirl,

We no longer offer Dermalight80, instead we now have the more convenient and safer Dermaray UV. NB-UVB is designed for treatment of chronic skin conditions such as Vitiligo and Psoriasis. For Vitamin D treatment, you require the older broadband type bulbs. We can supply this configuration in the Dermaray UV. You simply need to specify in the notes for your order that you need WIDEBAND UVB or WB-UVB bulb rather than the standard NB-UVB.

Depending on your skin type, treatment can be 3~4 minutes for your face or main body areas. Although particularly for Vitamin D issues, full body therapy is often recommended.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby caril » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 pm

The “safest way” to acquire adequate Vitamin D levels is to use Vitamin D3 dietary supplement. The sun is best source of vitamin D. 10 to 15 minutes in the summer sun during the peak hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. naturally provides your body with 10,000 IUs of vitamin D. Most notably benefits of vitamin D are improved bone health and fracture prevention, better muscle health and a reduced risk of falling in older individuals.
caril

Postby bhollen76 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 pm

It shows how it's important vitamin D to our body. I ran across this new Pharmaceuticals report today. It might be of interest - I found it at
Let me know your thoughts.
bhollen76

Postby ARTHUR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi friends !!! I have some information about vitamin D which i want to tell everyone ... The sunlight provides the energy for the synthesis of vitamin D in the skin, it's a common misconception that it is actually absorbed through sunlight, when in fact it is only an energy source. Vitamin D is very important in iron-absorption to prevent anemia...
ARTHUR

Postby Elony » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Very interesting info!It will be a great knowledge to us and thank you so much for sharing this valuable information with us. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for healthcare and fitness. It helps you in smooth body functions.
Elony

Return to Other conditions