Typical UVB treatment procedure

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Vitiligo and Vitiligo treatments go in here.

Typical UVB treatment procedure

Postby charipuk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi there
I recently purchased Dermalight80 for the treatment of vitiligo, which I've had for past 9 years or so. It is on my right side of abdomen about 3 in by 3 in in size. For past couple of years I have been noticing dots of brown color in the middle without any treatment. Is it the sign of recovery and will the dermalight80 help accelerate the pigmentation. I also would like to know how to get started. How many times should I expose the white patch per week and for how long...I have light brown skin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
charipuk

Re: Typical UVB treatment procedure

Postby Nick Balgowan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:39 pm

Dear Charipuk,

Vitiligo may seem to have dot from time to time, they are probably freckles. Generally skin repigmentation from UV therapy comes from the edges as it is the normal skin that generate the repigmentation usually.

I suggest that you consult the user's guide to understand the exposure program. It depends largely on your skin type. A typical exposure time is 20s for the first exposure, and adding 10-20seconds each exposure every 2-3 days depending on your skin type. A maximum exposure is typically 4m 30s but can be as high at 6m for very dark skin.

charipuk wrote:Hi there
I recently purchased Dermalight80 for the treatment of vitiligo, which I've had for past 9 years or so. It is on my right side of abdomen about 3 in by 3 in in size. For past couple of years I have been noticing dots of brown color in the middle without any treatment. Is it the sign of recovery and will the dermalight80 help accelerate the pigmentation. I also would like to know how to get started. How many times should I expose the white patch per week and for how long...I have light brown skin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby danjo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:26 pm

HI

Like to find out from you is the Dermalight80 useful for ur vitiligo since it had been 4 months or so already. i am really interested in this dermalight80 therefore it would be good if you can provide feedback.

tks

danjo

charipuk wrote:Hi there
danjo

Postby yalini » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:53 pm

you should try this medication called melagenina plus.. developed by cuban scientists and virtually unknown to american doctors. I know many people who say this is the only stuff that works for them. You can try and find it on sites like ebay from people who live overseas or somehow have snuck it into the US. It is not marketed to americans because of the trade embargo.
yalini

Postby james20 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Hi there
james20

Postby elizabethconway » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:23 pm

I heard that there are side effects of this treatment. Narrow-band UVB can result in burning, just like sunlight and broadband UVB. Natural Treatment

Return to Vitiligo chatter