Another question

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Another question

Postby waffnap » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:25 am

yet again I have another question to ask you good people. When I was first diagnosed with P 5/6 years ago now I did have a little p on the top of my head and the nape of my neck. After having my first batch of light treatment this dissapeared altogether and has never returned. Now I find my hair has become very thin and fine almost baby like, does anyone know if this is a condition that comes along with having p or is it my age :lol: :lol: Although I have put a laughing face it does get me down at times and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back to how it was or is it something else I just have to put up with :( I know I should be thankful that I am not covered from head to toe in P or that it hasn't disabled me like it can to some but I just feel I can't keep loosing hair the way it is coming out at the moment and to me it is a big issue. Has anyone else experienced this with their hair even though there is no signs of P on the scalp. Thanks in advance.
Jules :)
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: Another question

Postby Nick Balgowan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 pm

waffnap wrote:yet again I have another question to ask you good people. When I was first diagnosed with P 5/6 years ago now I did have a little p on the top of my head and the nape of my neck. After having my first batch of light treatment this dissapeared altogether and has never returned. Now I find my hair has become very thin and fine almost baby like, does anyone know if this is a condition that comes along with having p or is it my age :lol: :lol: Although I have put a laughing face it does get me down at times and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back to how it was or is it something else I just have to put up with :( I know I should be thankful that I am not covered from head to toe in P or that it hasn't disabled me like it can to some but I just feel I can't keep loosing hair the way it is coming out at the moment and to me it is a big issue. Has anyone else experienced this with their hair even though there is no signs of P on the scalp. Thanks in advance.

Inflamation conditions on the scalp can cause forms of hair loss unfortunately. UVB is actually a very valid treatment for this condition due to it's anti-inflamatory actions....
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:24 pm

waffnap wrote:yet again I have another question to ask you good people. When I was first diagnosed with P 5/6 years ago now I did have a little p on the top of my head and the nape of my neck. After having my first batch of light treatment this dissapeared altogether and has never returned. Now I find my hair has become very thin and fine almost baby like, does anyone know if this is a condition that comes along with having p or is it my age :lol: :lol: Although I have put a laughing face it does get me down at times and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back to how it was or is it something else I just have to put up with :( I know I should be thankful that I am not covered from head to toe in P or that it hasn't disabled me like it can to some but I just feel I can't keep loosing hair the way it is coming out at the moment and to me it is a big issue. Has anyone else experienced this with their hair even though there is no signs of P on the scalp. Thanks in advance.

hello Jules. have you discovered anything that works for your thinning hair? I also noticed since my head became dry that my hair is gradually thinning around the dry patches.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:25 pm

Nick Balgowan wrote:Inflamation conditions on the scalp can cause forms of hair loss unfortunately. UVB is actually a very valid treatment for this condition due to it's anti-inflamatory actions....

hi Nick. can you please tell me more about UVB treatment for hair loss , I was not aware of that application until now.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter