Anyone have experience with Taclonex?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Anyone have experience with Taclonex?

Postby hkluth » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:33 am

On my way out of my UVB treatment the other day, my doctor handed me a pamphlet about Taclonex and suggested that I read it over and consider trying it. It is a mixture (ointmen form) of calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.64%. It is applied once daily - which would be convenient for me.

There are some warnings about side effects but I'm finding that with just about any medication. They do have a website when you search Google for Taclonex that I'm still reading through.

According to the pamphlet that she gave me, it has been available in other parts of the world for a while but has only just recently been approved for use in the USA. Has anyone tried this and how did it go?
~ Heather ~
hkluth

Re: Anyone have experience with Taclonex?

Postby jcave » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:12 am

hkluth wrote:On my way out of my UVB treatment the other day, my doctor handed me a pamphlet about Taclonex and suggested that I read it over and consider trying it. It is a mixture (ointmen form) of calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.64%. It is applied once daily - which would be convenient for me.

There are some warnings about side effects but I'm finding that with just about any medication. They do have a website when you search Google for Taclonex that I'm still reading through.

According to the pamphlet that she gave me, it has been available in other parts of the world for a while but has only just recently been approved for use in the USA. Has anyone tried this and how did it go?
Hi Heather havent tried taclonex, but have used the bethamethasone diproionate, It seemed to help for awhile it never went
away but keep the scales down, then my body got used to it, and it didnt
help at all. If my memory is correct betamethasone dirpropinate is part
steriod,and anti fungi cream. Please keep us informed if you give it a
try, thanks.
JC
jcave

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:40 pm

hkluth wrote:On my way out of my UVB treatment the other day, my doctor handed me a pamphlet about Taclonex and suggested that I read it over and consider trying it. It is a mixture (ointmen form) of calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.64%. It is applied once daily - which would be convenient for me.

hello hkluth - I tried Taclonex after Dovonex didn't work for me. Taclonexd combines the ingredient in Dovonex and a steroid, it is a mixed form of treatment. Dovonex is supposed to slow your skin growth down, but I didn't see any improvement and it burnt my skin. Dovonex warns about over usage and long term usage too. Taclonex did take the redness away from my psoriasis skin, but any steroid would do that, so I didn't see any point going on ith Taclonex as I didn't like the idea of long term steroid use.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Postby Adain25 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Im on it. it works well the only problem I have is that it is a ointment. If I just had small patches it would be great. I just dont like the feeling of it all over my back and legs. When I do use it , it works well.
Adain25

Postby Ambiance » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm

i have tried it, but it did not have much result for me. nothing other than light therapy has really worked on me. steroids stopped working some time ago.
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter