diabetes

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

diabetes

Postby uk-viciouscircles » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 am

I have been researching my condition more thoroughly lately, and some things have popped up.

Mainly, and this may sound daft so bare with me a mo, I am wondering if there are links to diabetes?

I read that people who chew their ice out of a drink may be showing signs of being diabetic and it got me thinking, Im always chewing ice and my nails

And it would seem to make some sort of sense, some sort of disbalance inyour body causing it? I dont know though, I have to admit I aint the most biologically minded person ever!!

The other link I can put to this is that my Nan had psoriasis, and found out she ws diabetic later in her life. I know it is highly inadvisable to drink when youre diabetic/psoriasitic so just wondering if there is any connection there? (Although obviously there are a thousand other circumstance in which you should avoid drink, ie, when you have to be in work at 0800 the following day, as I found out on Tuesday!)
uk-viciouscircles

Re: diabetes

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:47 pm

uk-viciouscircles wrote:I have been researching my condition more thoroughly lately, and some things have popped up.

Mainly, and this may sound daft so bare with me a mo, I am wondering if there are links to diabetes?

I read that people who chew their ice out of a drink may be showing signs of being diabetic and it got me thinking, Im always chewing ice and my nails

And it would seem to make some sort of sense, some sort of disbalance inyour body causing it? I dont know though, I have to admit I aint the most biologically minded person ever!!

The other link I can put to this is that my Nan had psoriasis, and found out she ws diabetic later in her life. I know it is highly inadvisable to drink when youre diabetic/psoriasitic so just wondering if there is any connection there? (Although obviously there are a thousand other circumstance in which you should avoid drink, ie, when you have to be in work at 0800 the following day, as I found out on Tuesday!)

I am unaware of any known link between diabetes and psoriasis, but who really knows. Our online survey has not revealed anything like that, but anything is possible. Psoriasis at least is usually genetically inherrited. If a grandmother had either psoriasis and/or arthritis then you have a greatly increases change of having psoriasis. If a grandparent on both sides had psoriasis and/or arthritis, then I would almost place money that you would develop either psoriasis, arthritis or both at some stage.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Re: diabetes

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:29 pm

uk-viciouscircles wrote:I have been researching my condition more thoroughly lately, and some things have popped up.

hi ukviciouscircles, I don't have diabetes but I know one of my grand parents did, but I also know 2 of my grandparents and one of my parents had arthritis. fortunately I don't have arthritis, at least not yet!
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter