Amongst Friends

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Amongst Friends

Postby richo » Tue May 23, 2006 5:21 pm

greetings all, i have suffered from psoriasis since i was 28 yrs of age am now 45 so have suffered for some 17 years , and im still searching for a solution,i have just purchased a dermalight 80 and have had it three days so will keep u informed of my progress, i have had success with narroband light treatment before , but the hassle and time combined with shift work and fitting in appointments always seems to cause me to cease the treatment, i have tried so many creams and potions , indian powders all with little or no success, the best treatment i have found to date is to lye in a warm bath for about 1 one hour and scrape the softened dead scales away , then cover reddened areas with soberleme cream, i just wish there was a powder or cream that would cover the red/purple areasand repeat the bath process every two days, i am glad this site is up and running and i look forward to sharing our psoriasis trials and tribulations with each other :D
richo

Postby waffnap » Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 am

Hello Richo and welcome :)
jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Re: Amongst Friends

Postby BigDaddy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 pm

richo wrote:greetings all, i have suffered from psoriasis since i was 28 yrs of age am now 45 so have suffered for some 17 years , and im still searching for a solution,i have just purchased a dermalight 80 and have had it three days so will keep u informed of my progress, i have had success with narroband light treatment before , but the hassle and time combined with shift work and fitting in appointments always seems to cause me to cease the treatment, i have tried so many creams and potions , indian powders all with little or no success, the best treatment i have found to date is to lye in a warm bath for about 1 one hour and scrape the softened dead scales away , then cover reddened areas with soberleme cream, i just wish there was a powder or cream that would cover the red/purple areasand repeat the bath process every two days, i am glad this site is up and running and i look forward to sharing our psoriasis trials and tribulations with each other :D

hello there richo - I concur. a good soak in a bath does wonders for the dry scaley bits. I found a great natural bath salt that also contains lavendar oil. I'll see if I can find where it comes from, but I find it leaves my skin very soft and soothed and also seems to take away some of the reddness. I then follow up with my olive oil ! usually just use the oil at night though.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter