cherries

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Re: Im on the cherry bandwagon!!

Postby Nick Balgowan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:24 am

waffnap wrote:Hi AznBoi101210
You have every right to be excited, glad to hear your legs are clearing up :) As for cetaphil is this cream available over the counter or is it on prescription? Keep us posted on the cherries we may have a miracle on our hands here :wink: If not they sure taste good, it's like the saying "It's like feeding strawberrys to a Donkey" :lol: :lol:
Jules

Nick
Dried cherris :? do they take the stones out first hehe. Wow that's quite expensive but all in a good cause :wink:
Jules

yep, they look like big dried and red raisons. Not very eatable unforuntaley. I don't suppose the sugarise cherries would do the trick either? Can't find fresh ones for the life of me. Will get some natural canned ones, probably next best thing.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby waffnap » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:17 am

Well Nick you get 10 out of 10 for trying and persistance :lol: :lol:
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby lil'froggie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:06 am

Jules, you asked about cetaphil before. It's available from chemists, no script needed. It's usually on the shelf near E45 lotion, etc. I've used the cleanser to remove makeup for ages, never thought it might help with p. I didn't know about the moisturiser before, either, so will try that now, too! I've given up on cherries until they're in season....just don't have the persistance of Nick!!! I'm still very interested to see how everyone goes.
it isn't easy being green....
lil'froggie

Postby waffnap » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:16 am

lil'froggie wrote:Jules, you asked about cetaphil before. It's available from chemists, no script needed. It's usually on the shelf near E45 lotion, .

I am such a numpty sometimes Lil'froggie sorry :( I visited a local chemist today and asked about cetaphil and and just got a strange look from the assistant who had never heard of it. His advise to me was E45 is the best lotion on the market. I will keep searching though :) Afterall it was just one store.
I bought my batch of cherries today and it's now becoming a habit :lol: I am now dreading the day they become out of season here.
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

cherries

Postby richo » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:59 pm

waffnap,whats happening with the cherries have u had any significant improvement with your psoriasis,u have been munching on them for a while now.look forward to your view on the cherry treatment!! :D
richo

Re: cherries

Postby waffnap » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:29 am

richo wrote:waffnap,whats happening with the cherries have u had any significant improvement with your psoriasis,u have been munching on them for a while now.look forward to your view on the cherry treatment!! :D

Hello Richo
Thanks for asking. For want of a better word I am totally gobsmacked and over the moon. For the first time in over five years I have worn a skirt (with tights of course) and felt like the old me for the first time in yonks. I never thought that I would feel so comfortable again with my skin. I hate to gloat because I know there are a lot of you out there that have real big problems with their P and it puts mine in the shade.

As for the cherries haha yes I am still munching them as i have said it's my staple diet ya know. I can see such a big improvement in my legs they no longer burn and itch like mad. I no longer have thick patchy scales that bleed with the itching, infact in all honesty this past two weeks I haven't noticed wanting to itch. I am finding this all so bizzare, usually at this time of year I have patches at random all over but it is localised still jsut to the lower legs . I still have a little scaling here and there but when i feel the skin, it is flat. My derm once said don't look at the P to see an improvement close your eyes and feel it and notice it becoming flat. The patches that I have are dark in colour and I wondered if this fades in time. Don't get me wrong it still doesn't look good but the improvemnet is so noticable, perhaps i am willing it away :lol:

I think eating cherries and a combination of cutting out bread and drinking green tea have helped me no end. oh and also cuttingout chocolate.

Thumbs up scar-oz you are a star for introducing your cherry thread. For anyone that can readily get hold of them I would suggest giving them a go. I have been so determined to keep this up and it's one thing I haven't got fed up with. I know I don't talk much sense and may be difficult to read but one thing I know for sure is that I feel a happy bunny at the mo. I only hope this isn't the calm before the storm, ever hopeful
Jules
Bye for now everyone :)

Oh and also Richo all my work colleagues have noticed the significant change they are amazed and can't believe how much it's noticably improved. There was a time that I wouldn't have shown my legs to anyone, not even for a whole cherry tree :lol: :lol:
waffnap
Power ranger

how many cherries a day keep the derm away??

Postby richo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:23 am

waffnap, that is great news yhat you are seeing an improvement , when you started on the cherries i bought them for a two or three day period but then for some reason stopped, but now im inspired im off to the supermarket to purchase a bag ful of the healing fruit!! how many cherries a day?? 10? 20? the derma light 80 i have has produced some good results on certain small red spots but the lower legs seem difficult to clear but i will persist with new vigour and combine with the cherries and also try cutting out the bread,the cold weather in melbourne also doesnt seem to be helping my psorasis as the skin drys hardens in the cold, i will keep u informed of results, bye.
richo

Re: how many cherries a day keep the derm away??

Postby Nick Balgowan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:30 am

richo wrote:waffnap, that is great news yhat you are seeing an improvement , when you started on the cherries i bought them for a two or three day period but then for some reason stopped, but now im inspired im off to the supermarket to purchase a bag ful of the healing fruit!! how many cherries a day?? 10? 20? the derma light 80 i have has produced some good results on certain small red spots but the lower legs seem difficult to clear but i will persist with new vigour and combine with the cherries and also try cutting out the bread,the cold weather in melbourne also doesnt seem to be helping my psorasis as the skin drys hardens in the cold, i will keep u informed of results, bye.

Hello Richo,

For some unknown reason the lower leg is very difficult to treat. Persistance is the best method, sometimes a mild steroid can be used to kick off remission, then continue with the UV often gives good results. Or you can use a coal tar bath soak to soften it all up.
Nick Balgowan.
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Cherry Madness

Postby swanseajo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Hey again been eating cherries as often as i can ! But not every day (even though i should be!), but it has shown a slight bit of improvement considering and they r nice and sweet so least it isnt something nasty :P I have also been going on the sun beds which helps a lot and gives me a tan :P
Jox
swanseajo

Postby waffnap » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:26 am

Hi Richo
Oh you must carry on we are on to something here :wink: I eat just a small bowl full everyday. This is no word of a lie I went to a well known supermarket today (no names mentioned for advertising purposes) and if you spent over £35, wait for it, you got a punnett of cherries free :shock: can you believe that!!
please keep us all informed how you get on Richo.

Hi Jo
great to hear you have joined forces as well, good on ya!!
Are you finding this hot sunny weather we are having at the moment any help? I used to find sun beds made my P much drier than the natural sun. Let's hope it shines a little while longer :)
Bye for now
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby MIA » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:50 pm

Hello all,
I must say when I first read about the cherries I thought "I'll just wait and read about it later". However, my 17 year old sun sat down with me while I was writing Nick last week and read the cherry story. That night he went out and bought me a huge bag of gorgeous cherries. They were "almost" too pretty to eat...."Almost". So, I have been eating them for a few days now. I'm pretty addicted. Who know's, I might grow a tree :D.
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Postby waffnap » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:46 pm

MIA wrote: Who know's, I might grow a tree :D.

Would this mean you are willing to send some on to your new found forum friends :lol: :lol: You could start a little side line here!! Pleased you decided to give them a go :)
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby MIA » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:40 am

Just say when! I'm sure we can freeze pack them. I wonder how long fed ex would take to get them to you?Tee HeeHee :D
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

International cold freight

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:32 am

MIA wrote:Just say when! I'm sure we can freeze pack them. I wonder how long fed ex would take to get them to you?Tee HeeHee :D

Actually, there are firms that will freight frozen foods around the world. But I think it may be price prohibitive? I think I may have found a solution! I have compared the contents of Black and Red Cherries, and the black variety seem much more potent. Try www.lakewoodjuices.com They make 100% pure and organic juices. I found their products at a local health food shop. I've bought a bottle the other day for $11.40 Australian, which I think is around $8 US. Fairly cheap I think since its imported from the USA AND ORGANIC AND 100%!

Pure Black Cherry Juice is here;

http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/Nutrition ... 2608470038

Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 3%, Iron 6%, Vitamin E 3%, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 7%, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 7%, Niacin 4%, Vitamin B6 4%, Folate 6%, Magnesium 9%, Zinc 1%, Phosphorous 4%. Not a significant source of Vitamin A.
* Percent Daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Ingredients: FRESH PRESSED JUICE FROM CERTIFIED ORGANIC BLACK (DARK SWEET) CHERRIES.
Nick Balgowan.
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Re: cherries

Postby BigDaddy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:05 pm

scar_oz wrote:Hello everyone I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and am now nearly 32 I have tried so many things for my psoriasis(and my mother,grandmother and great grandfather)but I must say that eating fresh cherries a few each day gets totally rid of my psoriasis,I have now tried this 3 summers in a row and couldnt be happier with the results...my mother works with cherries and the first year she ate about 10 or 20 a day for about 6 or 8 weeks and she had no psoriasis ...I didnt believe her so I tried it and it worked for me as well.....but once the cherry season ends my psoriasis does start to come back but it hasnt been bad for three years even in winter I used to be covered from head to toe know I just get it on my knees and elbows and scalp....but please any one reading this give it a go..... :D

hello there scar_oz. does it matter what type of cherries you eat? i have nerver fancied cherries. do you know whatis in the cherries that helps your psoriasis? do you also use any other diet changes or tips? :?:
BigDaddy
Power ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Psoriasis chatter