cherries

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Postby scabby » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:47 am

hey i drink loads of cherry coke o you think it will have same affect?
i thought this website said diet doesn't affect p.
scabby

diet and diet coke (with cherries)

Postby Nick Balgowan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:11 am

scabby wrote:hey i drink loads of cherry coke o you think it will have same affect?
i thought this website said diet doesn't affect p.

Hi Scabby,

not exactly correct. I say that diet is no cure for psoriasis, but improving your diet and removing some foods may relieve your psoriasis or make it less severe, or reduce the frequency and severity of flare ups etc.
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

still eating the cherries

Postby Bruce » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:39 pm

I've been eating about 15-20 cherries a day. The ones I got are a pretty good size of black cherry variety. I seem to be noticing a gradual improvement... some clearing at a very slow rate. I can't say it's the cherries, as I'm using olive oil which seems to help nicely. But I'm not going to stop the cherries either cause I'm just not sure... and besides, they are yummy :)
As far as cherries being in season and their availability - I hardly ever see them in the grocery store weather they are in season or not. I was very surprised to spot them in the store. I suppose if you looked hard enough or went to an upscale grocery store you might be able to find some that are imported, but that's a bit much for me... I think I'll use frozen ones or go to cherry juice when the fresh ones are not readily available.

Bruce
Bruce

cherries

Postby scar_oz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:59 am

Hello it's been a while since i've posted my thoughts on the cherry theory.It is now spring in Australia so it wont be long before cherry season is here again.My psoriasis has spread bad the last couple of months so I'll keep you updated on how my psoriasis goes once I start the cherries.But you should eat at least 10 or more a day and it takes at least 6 - 8 weeks of eating them everyday until you barely have any p left. So happy cherry eating everone and dont give up with cherries for at least a couple of months and if it hasn't helped by then it wont work for you. :)
scar_oz

cherry concentrate

Postby Nick Balgowan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:06 am

also, if you are in a rush I recommend NOT drinking the cherry concentrates straight, they are a bit harder to stomach that way!
Nick Balgowan.
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby waffnap » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:38 am

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :shock: :shock: :o
I am now cherrieless :( searched high and low over the last two weeks in local stores and markets to no avail. It looks like the season has finally come to an end and no doubt I will have to partake in a little cherry juice instead. Work colleagues have been so amazed in how my P looks so well at the moment and are very impressed, they have even been looking for cherries on my behalf. Ah well, here's to the next season.

Sorry to steal this thread but would just like to say a BIG hello and warm welcome to all the new members :D I am sure you will love the forum. Sorry I haven't been around for a while I need to get myself up to speed.

Take care everyone xx
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby MIA » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:20 am

Jules, I would love to send you some cherries. Can't we freeze them and then ship them? I would think so!! I kind of fell off of the cherry wagon for a bit myself. I recently quit smoking and the med I take for it has appetite a little suppressed for the time being. Only a mild side effect but I do love cherries and miss them, but no room in the belly at the moment. I've also noticed since I've given up the smokes for good that my P has calmed a bit. Anyway, I mean what I say. I'll most certainly ship cherries anywhere you want them!! :D :D
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Postby waffnap » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:32 am

Hello Mia,
Thank you dear lady for your very generous offer that is so kind of you. The P is still improving and that's with no cherries for a few weeks now so fingers crossed, though I have to say yes they are delicious and yummy. I have to be careful with what I eat at the moment , I have just been diagnosed with (look away gents she says whispering behind her hand) early menopause :cry: and have to be careful and watch what I eat and make sure the girth doesn't widen :lol: I am beginning to wonder now if all along my P has been linked to hormonal change, I really don't know, could that be possible?? I am in my very early 40's. To the very young on here I know that is very old :lol: :lol:

Hey congratulations with the non smoking Mia it takes real willpower and determination, well done!! and long may it continue. Glad to hear your p has calmed down a little through this. There has been talk over here about a new drug to help with stopping smoking, due out next year. It's nice to know there is lots of help out there available.

Thanks again for your kind offer and if I have a flair up or just need a cherry fix because I have gone insane I just may get in touch :wink:
take care
julesx
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby adnan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:25 pm

am willing to give it a go and start searching for cherries, they are quite common on the place i live in, so i hope it will be benficial, i will tell you about the progress, and hope that othes can share their experiences with cherries....
adnan

Postby waffnap » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:22 am

Oooooooo please do adnan it's a very interesting theory.
Welcome to the forum too, hope you have found it to be beneficial :)
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby adnan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:52 am

Honestly, i feel pitty for myself when i go to doctors, i remember once witing the medicine without even care to look at me !!!! this killed me at that time, i felt helpless, so initiating a forum dedicated or P sufferes is the best thing i found n the Internet, Know that most of the doctors considers P as a minor thing and as someone said before,it's highly unlikly to care for this issue since it's not that harm (by the eyes of doctors) so i am definetly sure that the cure will be from someone who suffered ! let's keep our finger cross and check the cherries issue....

PS: it's not the time of cherries by now :-( but i'll keep searching !
adnan

Postby waffnap » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:46 am

adnan wrote:Honestly, i feel pitty for myself when i go to doctors, i remember once witing the medicine without even care to look at me !!!! !

I feel many can relate to this adnan and I am sorry that you were made to feel this way, sometimes it feels like one big production line. The number of times I was left feeling like nothing at all I had said was listened to let alone heard. Sometimes you have to keep on fighting for what you need but that isn't always easy.
It's great to have a place like this. I don't feel I have contributed to the site by any means but I have taken and gained so much information from it along with good friendships :D
Good luck with the cherry hunting :wink: keep us posted
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

Cherries

Postby Sedna » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 am

This is a new one on me!!! Cherries, mmm must try them myself.
Sedna

Re: cherries

Postby Michael Lord » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:42 pm

gee - i will inform my wife of this at once. she suffers from psoriases. are people still finding good results with cherries,
Michael Lord

Re: cherries

Postby waffnap » Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 am

Hello Sedna and Michael,

Just curious if the Cherry theory was of any use?

Jules x
waffnap
Power ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Psoriasis chatter