I have had it for 8 years. Nothing helped till now.

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

I have had it for 8 years. Nothing helped till now.

Postby chinoismystar » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:15 am

Ok. seriously i know not everything is for everyone. but i have tried topical to ointment to shampoos to the shots in the thighs to these crazy pills all expect the ones that prevent me from having kids. i feel like i have tried everything. then i am just online bored looking for anything since my diet change didn't help. I came across this lady on youtube saying how doo gro growth oil works. so here i am researching and it got alot of positive results and i am thinking sure they probably just have dry skin or something. but what else am i to do at this point its over taken my entire face and scalp. i bought it today and now a few hours later after applying it. its going away right before my eyes. and i know what you must be thinking this is some scam no way. i have very thick all over and i just rubbed it on and put it right in my hair. and awesome. it was going away. now i think the secret it to keep it moist till you get the big flakes away and use only as needed there after. but my treatment i have is washing my hair with a psoriasis shampoo like a tar or that sal... acid. and then wait till almost dry or dry to put oil on and i have good faith i get this relieving feelings. and if this doesnt work like i hoped atleast it eases itching and does clear up most of it. but i will be on here in a few days to let everyone know my results. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :D
chinoismystar

Re: I have had it for 8 years. Nothing helped till now.

Postby Nick Balgowan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:25 pm

chinoismystar wrote:Ok. seriously i know not everything is for everyone. but i have tried topical to ointment to shampoos to the shots in the thighs to these crazy pills all expect the ones that prevent me from having kids. i feel like i have tried everything. then i am just online bored looking for anything since my diet change didn't help. I came across this lady on youtube saying how doo gro growth oil works. so here i am researching and it got alot of positive results and i am thinking sure they probably just have dry skin or something. but what else am i to do at this point its over taken my entire face and scalp. i bought it today and now a few hours later after applying it. its going away right before my eyes. and i know what you must be thinking this is some scam no way. i have very thick all over and i just rubbed it on and put it right in my hair. and awesome. it was going away. now i think the secret it to keep it moist till you get the big flakes away and use only as needed there after. but my treatment i have is washing my hair with a psoriasis shampoo like a tar or that sal... acid. and then wait till almost dry or dry to put oil on and i have good faith i get this relieving feelings. and if this doesnt work like i hoped atleast it eases itching and does clear up most of it. but i will be on here in a few days to let everyone know my results. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :D

Hi Chinoismystar,

So glad you have found something that works for you. Do you have a list of ingredients in the oil product you have been using? Many people have good success using a quality olive oil to remove dry flaking skin. I am not familiar with the product you have mentioned. Good luck with it all!
Nick Balgowan.
----------------------------------------
http://www.tcgindustrial.com.au
http://www.dermaray.com
http://www.beatpsoriasis.com
----------------------------------------
Nick Balgowan
Site Admin

Postby maxine parrish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 am

I have had it for 3 years now. I have used the prednisone tapes, prescription ointments, pills, lotions, coal tar (which ruined my shoes and stinks too)even changed my soap so many times i lost count. Nothing worked. I finally just bought a container of Bag Balm. I put it on my feet at night and put on footies. In the morning, most of the scales are gone and there's not itching. I wash my feet again and put on a small amount for the day and it has kept the scales and itching down to a minimum for almost 3 months. now. The cost is $8.00 for 10 ounces and will last almost a year. I also use it on my hands at night and in the morning for a moisturizer and it helps keep the blisters down on my hands. It's worth a try and the cost is so much less comparied to everything else that's out there. :wink:
maxine
maxine parrish

Postby Ambiance » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:48 pm

maxine parrish wrote:I have had it for 3 years now. I have used the prednisone tapes, prescription ointments, pills, lotions, coal tar (which ruined my shoes and stinks too)even changed my soap so many times i lost count. Nothing worked. I finally just bought a container of Bag Balm. I put it on my feet at night and put on footies. In the morning, most of the scales are gone and there's not itching. I wash my feet again and put on a small amount for the day and it has kept the scales and itching down to a minimum for almost 3 months. now. The cost is $8.00 for 10 ounces and will last almost a year. I also use it on my hands at night and in the morning for a moisturizer and it helps keep the blisters down on my hands. It's worth a try and the cost is so much less comparied to everything else that's out there. :wink:

good work Maxine. What is this stuff, not aware of it! Will it also work on scalp?
Ambiance

Postby maxine parrish » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Originally it was used on dairy cows for chapped utters The 1st time I heard of it being used on humans, I thought "no way! But it really works. A lot of farmers/ranchers use it on their skin to prevent it from becoming rough from being out in the sun. It's ingredients is Hygroxy Quinolin Sulfate and it is petroleum based. I get it at my local pharmacy in the lotion department. It's in a green tin can and is called "Bag Balm". If you can't get it, the address on the can is "Dairy Association o., Inc. Lyndonville, VT 05851.
I don't see why you can't put it on your scalp at night and sleep with a shower cap and then wash your hair in the morning. I put it on my feet and wear the footies and then wash my feet in the am. If I wear socks or hose in the day, I will put more on to help during the day, but I'm not much into wearing anything on my feet during the day if I can help it.
I've had a new breakout recently due to excessive stress and it's keeping it under control way better than all the medications/tapes that I was given in the beginning. I also use the Psoriasin in between during the day because it's not as greasy, but i have found it doesn't work as well as the bag balm. Hopefully it will keep on working. I have also found that after I use a treatment for so long, it doesn't work any more and that's real frustrating. I don't know about you, but i can't afford to go to the dermatolologist and spend $400.00 every couple of months for new treatment methods.
Hope this helps you out. If you have any different suggestions, please, I'm open to anything. Have a great day. maxine :
maxine
maxine parrish

Return to Psoriasis chatter