Sunburn....?

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Sunburn....?

Postby AznBoi101210 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:22 am

I recently went to a water park (yes with P all over my body) and got a sunburn. The areas where I got sunburn (for some reason I wanted it) were my shoulders and face. These areas both had P, but now after one day, are all clear...any connection there...? (i dont know) Unfortunately, I didnt get burned on my legs where I have most of my P. = / Just wondering if anyone knows a connection for sunburn and P???
AznBoi101210

Postby MIA » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:35 am

Hello, I've been away from this site for a while but Nick has recently reminded me he's still here. I would say the sunburn has some equivelance to light therapy. Just be careful when out too long. I should wear sunscreen but the burn really helps the P clear up pretty quickly.
I spend most of my summers at the lake and it makes a heck of a difference. Don't usually worry about it during this time of year.

Hello Nick and Jules! Missed ya! :D
Mia C
Life's a highway and I'm speedin!
MIA

Re: Sunburn....?

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 8:41 am

hm. I know one year I got myself horribly sunburnt and my psoriasis cleared up for a good couple of months. The next year I got sunburnt again and it seemed to make my psoriasis worse. So not game to try it again. :cry:
Ambiance

Postby peghowan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Does the use of suntan lotion, reduce the affect of sunbathing? How about swimming in salt water, is that helpful?
peghowan

Postby oz1siiam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Exposure to sun = good = is a form of phototherapy

over exposure to sun = bad = is not phototherapy, but damage 8)

Always use sunscreen and try not to burn.
oz1siiam

Restore and Protect Your Skin

Postby alvespit » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Skin that has come into too much contact with the sun and harmful UV rays can suffer from a few different kinds of skin problems. Light-skinned individuals, for instance, often develop age spots, also known as liver spots. Although age spots pose no health risks, they are aesthetically undesirable and are often seen as a sure sign of aging.
alvespit

Return to Psoriasis chatter