Cosmetic surgery with psoriasis

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Cosmetic surgery with psoriasis

Postby sickofit » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:44 am

Just out of curiousty, I've alwasy read where people with p really have to be careful with bumps, bruises, scrapes etc because these areas are prone to be where flare up's may start...I guess I can't say that I've noticed this, but at any rate, I'm having some cosmetic surgery done in a couple of months and was wondering if anyone else has had some sort of surgery and then developed more p around the area? I didn't think about it until my doctor told me that he wasn't real keen on doing the procedure because of a very small spot of p that have, but he was leaving it up to me. I certainly don't need anymore flare ups, but I want my surgery as well. Any clues? Thanks
sickofit

Postby Nubby » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:19 pm

I know this is not the same as cosmetic surgery but I have a couple of tattoo's, and i definatley paid for it after with flare ups.
It was fairly mild but i did get p where the tat's were done.

HTH
Nubby

Postby sickofit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:04 am

Hmm. you know what, I never thought about that. I too had a tattoo done on my ankle a couple of years a go and I do have p on a small part of it. I'm acutally having a tummy tuck and am just worried about p flaring up around the inscision and just wondered of anyone has experienced this.
sickofit

Postby LizardBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:16 am

I had a staph infection a few years ago. After surgery, I had an open wound with my tendon showing. Psoriasis formed around the incision and took 8 months to close. Now 2½ years later, I still have psoriasis on the incision but it isn't like the plaque psorisasis.. mostly erythema that never scales. Either way, it is painful there, I think the tendon is just now loosening up from the skin.

8)
My Two Cents
LizardBoy

Return to Psoriasis chatter