E45 Lotion

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

E45 Lotion

Postby mccolrj » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:30 am

I have been hearing a lot about E45 lotion on these posted topics and I would like to know what it is and where I get it.
mccolrj

Postby bobsquareflakepants » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:08 am

In ireland its sold in almost every pharmacy, maybe u should consider buying it online if u cant find it where u live. It doesnt mention on the website that it is sold in US either.
On www.e45.com
Where can I buy E45?
You can buy E45 products online from www.boots.com or www.pharmacy2u.co.uk. E45 is available throughout the UK, Republic of Ireland (through pharmacies and Boots), South Africa and New Zealand. It’s also sold under the name Balneum in Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
I used it before but i was actually allergic to it. I think it was the lanolin. However i have heard good things from other people.
On the website its says "Lanolin is a natural oil derived from sheep’s wool. E45 Cream* and E45 Lotion contains Medilan(TM), an ultra-purified, hypoallergenic form of lanolin, which has excellent moisturising abilities. It’s also highly unusual to have any kind of reaction to Medilan."
bobsquareflakepants

Postby waffnap » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:25 am

Thanks Bobsquareflakepants I was just about to go and get mine to check what exactly is in E45. In the past I was prescribed numerous steroid creams even the dreaded coal Tar applied directly onto the skin. None of them worked personally for me. They made my skin burn, become more inflamed and even bleed. Through frustration one day i collected all my lotions together and binned them I had had enough because nothing showed any signs of improvement or even comfort after many months.
I was reading elsewhere that someone suggested using Baby Oil to soften the scales or apply E45 cream quite lavishly. I had no luck with the baby oil but the E45 worked wonders for me. No more driving myself mad with all the itching and it also stopped the burning. My skin no longer felt as though it was on fire.As it states on the back of the bottle it is light, unperfumed and can be used all over the body face and hands and the added bonus is t costs me £3.00 for a 200ml bottle.
Mccolrj - If you don't mangage to get hold of any I don't mind shipping you some out to try, just let me know. Anything to help out to give relief.
Jules
Little light, shining........
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby mccolrj » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:48 am

I called the pharmasist and they have never heard of E45. Thanks for the offer to send me some of yours Waffnap. I should be able to order it on-line. I will give it a try.
mccolrj

Postby waffnap » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:05 am

Hello again
If you manage to get hold of some and try it out please let us all know how it goes. I am curious only because I haven't come across anything else that comes close to giving me relief from the burning.
I would have sent you a new bottle not a part used one :lol: :lol:
regards
Jules
waffnap
Power ranger

Postby mccolrj » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:36 am

We already had the wedding and we went to Alaska for our honeymoon. Didn't get much change to sunbath there :lol: That was back in April and I am still trying to get the outbreak under control. I finially found a derm in my town that offers the phototherapy but I can't get in until Oct. 17. In the meantime I've been laying in a tanning bed and it has helped some.

THis forum is Great!
mccolrj

Postby waffnap » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Wow Alaska for a honeymoon, how cool was that (pardon the pun) :lol:
Good luck with the phototherapy I feel sure you will find it most beneficial, I certainly did. It's just the same here there is always a waiting list to have this treatment. At least you have a head start with the tanning salon in the meantime.
regards
Jules
ps - Nearly forgot, yes this site is great, THE BEST :D
waffnap
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter