Psoriasis

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Psoriasis

Postby Dors » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:43 am

Hi everyone. I would like to introduce myself. I have had Psoriasis for yrs isolated to the back of the head. (mild) but now it is breaking out on my legs and chest. I have tried so many creams but none seem to work. Sorbolene cream does keep it moist and helps the itching. I don't mind chatting about it. feel free to email me. Dors.
Dors

Postby Chi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:13 pm

Hi, I'm Chi and I have proriasis since I was a kid. I don't even remember when I had it but my parents said I wasn't born with it.
Only remember about 5-7 years old I had it probably and it sucked and slowly got worse and spread as I grow older. Embarressed and hide my skin since then wearing long sleeve clothes and pants in school even at summer. I had to try to skip Phy Ed. :?

I'm glad there's this forum that we all can talk about it freely.
I'm 26 now, currently working and I'm very lucky to have great co-workers that loves me. I also found out one of my co-workers have psoriasis too, he has psoriasis arthritas and we talk about this at work. Trying different things to see what works and what not. Hopefully we'll find a good treatment for this.

Please share any info with me here, I'll be willing to talk about anything too. :wink:
Chi

Registered

Postby Chi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:25 pm

Just to let you know I just registered :D

After reading this site, I didn't know all those things effects/worsen psoriasis and I'm doing most of them.. :cry:

From intaking MSG, fatty food, POP, citris drinks(OJ), and stress(having problem sleeping, that's why I'm on at 4:22 AM still LOL)

I'm out of cream or any type of treatment for a week already and my psoriasis is starting to break out, itchy.. hard to sleep now.

I ordered some product that friends heard from the radio but it hasn't arrived yet.. argh.. I just hope it come soon and calm the ichiness and flaky skin. Once I received it and used it, I'll let you know how it went.
Chi

Thanks

Postby Dors » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi Chi

Thank you for your email... nice to meet you.

At the moment I am trying a cream that I have had made up at the Chemist. It is a sobolene based cream. I will let you know how I get on with it. if it works or not.
I have tried creams prescribed by the Dr which have not worked. some even burn the skin.

It is good that you have a co worker with the Psoriasis... for support.
Where are you from Chi?... My name is Doreen..
Look forward to hearing from you

Take Care
email anytime...
Dors
Dors

Postby Chi » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:59 am

Hi Doreen, I'm from Ontario, Canada.

What's your occupation? Seeing you can create cream and stuff, that's pretty interesting. Hopefully you it will help :D
Chi

Re: Psoriasis

Postby Ambiance » Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 am

i love sobolen. i get a massive tub from my local mall that lasts months. it is the only moisturiser that doesn't sting on my psoriasis, it is cheap as chips and mainly natural too I think.
Ambiance

Return to Psoriasis chatter