Progressive Treatment

Chat, questions, suggestions and comments about Psoriasis and psoriasis treatments go in here.

Progressive Treatment

Postby Julie Ann » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:47 am

I have been treating three persistent patches of skin for 6 weeks with the dermalight, and the raised, itchyness and flaky skin has stopped.
However, reddened areas remain, and don't seem to be improving.
Any ideas ? I am treating once per day for 4 minutes. :cry:
Julie Ann

Re: Progressive Treatment

Postby David Dunlop » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:04 pm

Julie Ann wrote:I have been treating three persistent patches of skin for 6 weeks with the dermalight, and the raised, itchyness and flaky skin has stopped.

well, I have been using a dermalight 80 for some time now too. it sounds like we are much the same, I had very thick try patches that have now gone, with lighter red patches remaining. I found that soaking in a coal tar bath solution for about 20 minutes before treatment did the trick. Something about it removing the dead skin and making the light work better. I am sure somebody else can explain it properly
David Dunlop

Re: Progressive Treatment

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 am

Julie Ann wrote:I have been treating three persistent patches of skin for 6 weeks with the dermalight, and the raised, itchyness and flaky skin has stopped.

hi ann - have you tried adding olive oil to your bath or applying olive oil before bed time? I found that relieved redness best.
BigDaddy
Power ranger

Return to Psoriasis chatter